Thread: wind-tunnel?

Clear Coat

wind-tunnel?

I was just wondering what you people woudl think of turning a plexi airduct between side fan and cpu fan into a small windtunnel complete with small paper airplane being "tested" :?:
    this thought just randomly popped into my head after seeing that "flaming blowhole" how to.

wind-tunnel?

well i'm not really understanding it fully due to the fact that i woke up 2 minutes ago, but i think it would be cool.

Clear Coat

wind-tunnel?

i dont know... i was just thinking it would look cool along the lines of:
    oh you have a bubbling tube of water in your case... except it would be:
    wow you have a plane flying in the air duct of your computer!

Master Modder

wind-tunnel?

Sounds good to me, now which way do you want it to point, into the fan or trying to get out.

Clear Coat

wind-tunnel?

well, because the air is heading to the cpu, the plkane woudl be pointing out of the computer.
    i would probably attach the plane (on a string/fishing wire) to the side fan's grill to keep the plane from being sucked into the cpu fan

wind-tunnel?

I always thought having fish in the computer would be cool, except theyd die from the heat. Tropical fish?

Clear Coat

wind-tunnel?

yes that would be cool... you could do it, as long as the fish tank wasnt the reservoir for your water cooling. People have made plexi cases with an outer fishtank before... would not be too much of a stretch to put in case, and you could put a water block on it so it cools off!

Master Modder

wind-tunnel?

I use to raise fish for our local fish store and most tropical fish like the water to be in the upper 70's and lower 80's in Fareh. At 82 degrees and above most tropical fish will start into the breeding stage, so if you do happen to make a fish tank/computer case then I don't see a need for a heater for the fish, however moving water picks up oxygen which is picked up by the fish as it passes thru the gills but I do know that a pump and fish do not mix well or maybe I should say that the pump WILL mix your fish with the surrounding area, so make sure that you have a screen to keep the fish out of the pump. Happy Modding. :idea:

wind-tunnel?

Too much liability, id feel bad if one of the buggers died.

Thread Information