Thread: BMW MPower Themed mouse and keyboard (and some advice)

BMW MPower Themed mouse and keyboard (and some advice)

This is not an entry but an example of one completed (from BMW mpower level 10 project)..

Tip for modders, when you plan your design, if you choose the same mouse as me they are a bit of a mare to get sides and lid off compared to others (put together very toughly)

Have included this image for you, it is 3467 x 2152 and I added loads of shadow highlight to it (dispite it looking odd) to help show you how taking one of these apart would be.

the sides are held on tough, so much so, i broke the top right upperclip on right side (green arrows), the yellow ones are easiest to pull out and get back in, putting back in the red ones are the hardest, but it is better to put back in with front first.

if any of you have handclamps, I would suggest using them to put a slight bit of pressure on the top and bottom fo the side (to slightly flex the plastic to make removal a hell of a lot easier) which i found a lot easier to do after having to take left side back off as the buttons on the left panel were not working, so to avoid that make sure you click the middle of that side back in first.

Keyboard is the easy part and is just screws all the way.

leave the top until you have the sides off, its easier

hope this helps the winners.

Thanks for the guides, Richie!

Banned

Thanks for the advice on the Black. Have u or anyone else done a Meka G1 yet? Mainly I just want to know how easy it is to remove and re-place the keys, and how easy it is to disassemble and re-assemble if necessary. This is key info I need for my idea. Thank you.

Thread Information