Thread: Just My first Mod...

Just My first Mod...

Alright, after many hours and prolly one too many $$, I just finished my case. This is my first computer case mod, and, being the ambition person that I am, I'ts built completely from scratch by me. The pictures are low quality because they were taken whith what I had on hand, a web cam. Hopefully ill be able to get some higher resolution shots up later.

The case is made from Copper tubing brazed together with acrylic/plexiglass sidings. Because I lack both the tools and the skills to make an absolute work of art, its VERY rough around the edges. It's got some custom wiring in the fans to allow me to controll the lights individually without turning the fans off.

All in all, I am only somewhat satisfied with my work, however, it was still worth doing as it has served as an invaluable learning expierence for me.

Hope you all like it more than I do.

-Echo

Just My first Mod...

very nice

Master Modder

Just My first Mod...

If you learned from it and it works then I feel that it was a success. Now as far as if you like or not is another question for you to decide. From the pics it doesn't look bad at all, in fact it looks cool but like you said the best you could come up with for taking the pics is the web cam. It worked, I see the pics and that's what counts. Thank you for sharing with us. Keep up the good work and don't forget to share with us on the next project. Looking forward for the next mod. Happy Modding.

Clear Coat

Just My first Mod...

looks a lot better than my first mod!
    (total spent $40 for a stick of ram)
    (effort= 1.5 days 16 hours of work)
    result: a POS!
    beginning:

Ending:

that picture doesnt show the true ugliness of the work, so i will try to get the rest of the pictres in a diff. thread

Just My first Mod...

to smooth the edges of the plexi you can use 220 wet sand paper .

Just My first Mod...

Looks nice for a first time mod. Do take the time to finish the edges off as you will be amazed how it will take the mod to the next level.

Just My first Mod...

Looks nice for a first time mod. Do take the time to finish the edges off as you will be amazed how it will take the mod to the next level.
    Yea, I normally I would, but I've been working on this for far too long for my tastes (started it back in feburary if I remeber back that far) and I just wanted to get it done. For my next mod, I deffinately do plan to put the extra effort in to make it shiny.

Thread Information