Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new Workshop

My new Workshop

Hey again everybody!

It's been quite a while since I've posted here (or anywhere), but I have a new "Mod" of sorts I thought you all might interested in. "Extreme apartment modding," is what I think I'll call it. Anyway, hopefully I can get back to computers soon...

My new Workshop

Great stuff, I wish I had any place like that to go make a ton of noise in.

My new Workshop

Great to hear from you again.

My new Workshop

Dude, is that all you been doing?... lol

So how in the world were you able to get a flat in Cali or did you rent a build not tell you living there :-)

Either way it is so cool and I hear we are all invited to a modding party there too!

My new Workshop

Thanks guys.

@AF It's an old warehouse they are just converting into apartments. As you can see it comes with an enclosed bathroom and an open kitchen area. Some are a little different then mine, but most are otherwise just open space. Everyone seems to live there. It was definitely a cool find as I wasn't sure I would be able to find a place where I could continue building stuff near the city at an acceptable price. Just about everybody who's moved in has done some customization, I think my neighbors even did a 3rd floor. And you're all definitely invited to the party, but after all that i'm afraid its going to have to be byob

My new Workshop

That video ... kicks some serious butt !!

awesome exicution dude

My new Workshop

I knew i recognized that face! :P
    Real nice work m8!
    Wish i had a place like that, also like the video editing a lot.
    You're one of my big examples, also cause of you i started building my desk mod :P

My new Workshop

Loving the video

My new Workshop

Hey Will, good to see you back and congrats on the new place!

Quick video question for ya: when you were shooting the time lapse shots, did you set up the camera to take single frames at a certain interval, or was it just straight shooting and you sped up the shots later in post?

Love the dolly moves too.

My new Workshop

I knew i recognized that face! :P
    Real nice work m8!
    Wish i had a place like that, also like the video editing a lot.
    You're one of my big examples, also cause of you i started building my desk mod :P
    Thanks L3p, that means a lot because I remember when I first saw your desk (i forgot where, not here or I would have left a comment) thinking of all the "desk computers" I've ever seen, yours was hands down the best. If you build a hackintosh into an xbox I will be seriously pissed off... :wink:

Hey Will, good to see you back and congrats on the new place!

Quick video question for ya: when you were shooting the time lapse shots, did you set up the camera to take single frames at a certain interval, or was it just straight shooting and you sped up the shots later in post?
    Thanks Bod! I've always just shot video as usually I need it real-time for interesting moments, and also with this one you can see I ramp in out out of time lapse sequences a lot. But for this one I set my dslr with an intervalometer as they only record about 12 minutes of video and then you have to press record again - with the project being as big as this one was I wouldent have been able to deal with that. You can kind of tell which camera it is as it was a bit motion-blury and was the one camera that didn't move throughout the entire thing. The cool thing about shooting it like that instead of video is that your frame ends up huge, something like 5xxxby3xxx, so you can crop and "dolly" and zoom which I did quite a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information