Thread: 3 minute pc build, how fast can you do it?

3 minute pc build, how fast can you do it?

Hi people, just found this article with a video showing two people competing for the fastest time to build a pc and the time was about 3 minutes. It already had the mobo, cpu, ram and dvd drive (dvd on 1) installed so it was more or less a competition of adding the psu, hard drive, doing the wiring and securing the components.

What I was wondering is how long it would take you to build one from scratch with nothing installed? No cpu installed, no motherboard locked in place, no ram in place, ect.

If anyone has the parts and a video camera I would love to see the fastest times to create a functional computer from scratch with NO components installed. It does not need extras such as water cooling, extra drive bay devices ect. It just needs the basics to be installed:

case, mobo, cpu, ram, cpu cooler, power supply, hard drive, dvd/cd drive, fans connected, ect.

This is not an official contest at this point but for those of you that have the parts and a video camera I would love to see the fastest build and the times.

Rules:

No cut frames just straight video. You can edit video to add time scale if you would like as seen in below video from link.

Don't need to install operating system just put it together and boot into bios or no OS on monitor with mouse and keyboard connected (must connect them and monitor as you build).

All screws for components must be screwed in including any on right side of chasis for components unlike in video which competitors only screwed in components (hard drive, dvd drive) on left side of chasis mounts. Both sides of chasis put back on and boot.

At this point this is just for fun but who knows, maybe a sponsor or moderator will turn this into a contest with actual prizes.

Am expecting 7 to 15 minutes to build but who knows as I have never rushed it from scratch. :wink:

Original video for inspiration for this idea found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMBtXm4GwpU&feature=player_embedded[/video]]HERE.

ps. I will also be trying this myself to see how fast I can build one and post the video.

They just had a competition like this at PDXLAN that Gigabyte ran.

There might be video floating around on the web.

I think the winner was around 5 minutes.

They blew through a few mobos and psu's for the contest since people weren't exactly getting it right every time.

Any chance of a video from you in the future Bobdbone?

Cmon,... you can dooo itt!!!!

Any chance of a video from you in the future Bobdbone?

Cmon,... you can dooo itt!!!!
    Haha I don't know.

I am a very busy guy right now. Although I can build a pc pretty fast!

I have modding that needs done, I'm trying to get a car ready for paint, I have a week long class out of town to go to, and a million other things.

So I'll leave this for some other people this time. 8-)

Do cut hands and fingers add or detract from the scoring system?

Depends on if it boots or not, if it boots then no, all is fine, if it short circuits due the conductive blood then you loose points.

Thread Information