Thread: I never intro'd myself? Say wha?!

Banned

I never intro'd myself? Say wha?!

Anyhoo, lol, I can't believe I've been a member here for a short while now and I never introduced myself, that's just crazy, lol. Well, as you can see, my handle is PM_DMNKLR (or if u want, u can just call me DMNKLR), I live in Northern IN, am just about to turn 30 yrs old, and I've been working with and on pc's since I was a young teenager. I've started many mods, but have never been able to afford to finish any, sadly, but I specialize mostly in designing them. I've a decent collection of mod designs, all nice-looking and very functional as well.

I enjoy gaming whenever possible, have a decent collection of games (my biggest thus far is NES games), and of course I love to geek out on anything game or computer-related, heck, I just love to geek out altogether At the moment, I'm currently unemployed workforce-wise, but am a stay-at-home dad to a wonderful 7-yr-old boy named Blaze. My fiance and I were HS sweethearts that finally found each other again after having been apart for 12 years, and we're getting married on Halloween of 2012.

Want to know anything else about me or what I can help u with? Just ask, I'm always listening/reading whenever I can. Thanks.

Welcome aboard DMNKLR! That's cool about refinding your fiance after so long, and special congrats on the upcoming marriage.

Now that it sounds as though you have your design techniques down you should maybe start off modding some components which is probably easier and cheapier? You may even find yourself a new avenue for income by doing so ?

It's always valuable to have someone who has some engineering experience aboard be it hobby or professional!

Welcome!

That's a great story about you and your girl.

I myself married a girl from high school that I knew and we've been married for 22 years and together for 24. So it can work for sure!

Now will she let you mod stuff? That's the question we want the answer to. :P

Banned

Yeah, I'm trying to mod what I can, when I can, lol. Not having much or any $ to do so always causes issues, however it also cause one to think harder and get more creative. It definitely forces me to think outside the box a little. Currently, I'm planning out and working on a new projekt that I'm keeping under wraps for the time being (though Dewayne knows what it is, lol), and hopefully soon I'll be able to reveal it. I also have a few other projekts that I'm working on, that I've just hit some bumps in the road, with no way around em quite yet. One of them, I'll need help with, definitely, cuz it needs UV led's and I'll need help with figuring out how to wire them up. Mounting isn't a big deal, but the wiring is the main issue. I still have a hard time grasping electronics know-how, like Ohms, Amperes, etc., but all in due time I suppose. Perhaps I should actually try to sit down and actually study it instead of trying to rush thru it, lol.

Btw, yes, she'll let m,e mod stuff, but time has to be balanced well, lol, naturally.

If you ever need help, just ask. This is a great place to find whatever you possibly need. It might be parts, or tools, or techniques that people use for doing something. Everyone here pretty much will help.

Banned

Yeah, I've noticed that already, lol, lots of great people, ready to help. I've already been tapping that keg a lil, lol. Dewayne helped me to decide exactly where I was going with my previously (and generically, I might add, lol) named "Blue and White PC" mod. It's now going to be called "Projekt Superman Blue". Took awhile to come up with something, but he nudged me in a few directions, and that one just stuck out like a sore thumb, once he mentioned the words "Fortress Of Solitude".

Thanks again guys! I'll definitely be asking for some help, that's a guarantee, just look in the "modding questions" section, lol. I've already started

Thread Information