Thread: Has any1 ever asked this? Well I am, lol...

Banned

Has any1 ever asked this? Well I am, lol...

I have a question for y'all, as Idk of anyone ever asking this, lol, but here it is: does a mod count, if it's been done on a non-functional device (such as, say, an optical mouse that no longer talks to the computer, even if the led in it still lights up)? Maybe even if just a practice mod, it still counts, doesn't it? Like for showcasing or something?

Kind of a silly question, I guess, but I've never really thought of it.

The reason I ask, is that I have plenty of things like that (older AT and ATX PSU's that still work, older mice, including my old Logitech that lights up but won't register info to/from a pc, PS/2 keyboards, etc), and I need to practice, and was thinking that there's really no reason they shouldn't count as mods if I do complete them, right?

Thanks ahead of time for any and all insight

If you modded it .... It's a mod 8-)

And practice modding is good ... you learn, get inspiration from, and develop techniques to use later

Banned

Much thanks DB

If you modded it .... It's a mod 8-)

And practice modding is good ... you learn, get inspiration from, and develop techniques to use later
    I agree. Modding practice FTW.

I never practiced. I just made 2 mods in 5 years, one that was great, and one that blew.

I probably should have practiced.

I never practiced. I just made 2 mods in 5 years, one that was great, and one that blew.

I probably should have practiced.
    Lol ... it happens.

Banned

Yeah, my very 1st PC mod is so bad that I'm too embarrassed to even show pix of it anywhere, lol. I'm in the long-term process of gaining back my self-respect in that field by re-modding the whole thing, lol. Yeah, it's THAT bad. It was back in 2001 though, so I was young, inexperienced, and just wanted a bold, ugly statement to be made out of the even uglier used case I had, lol. It was also my first ever PC build, and I'm still proud of it, refuse to let it go. The mobo n CPU will end up in a display box at some point, lol. It's a Gigabyte GA-7ZXR with an AMD Athlon 900 Thunderbird

Thread Information