Thread: Gauge the FRotM

Gauge the FRotM

I would like some feedback on our Featured Rig of the Month event.

As you know it is pretty new here and I hope that I am on the right direction with it. I hope that everyone realizes that the FRotM is for EVERYONE and just for those that spend $$$$ on their mods.

So I have a few questions. You do not have to answer all of them you can pick the ones you want to reply to.

1) Do you like the idea of a Featured Rig of the Month

2) Are we on track with the ones that have been picked

3) Should we pick 3-5 logs and then have the community pick the winner each month

4) Should we try and do a Mod of the Year run off with the monthly winners at the end of the year

5) Is Modders-Inc a kick ass modding site

Creative and helpful suggestions are welcomed

Thanks!

Dewayne (a.k.a. Americanfreak)

Gauge the FRotM

1) Do you like the idea of a Featured Rig of the Month -

Yes it gives finished mods and work in progress mods a chance to get a little glory and goodies for all the hard work they put into building their mods.

2) Are we on track with the ones that have been picked -

So far I have not seen a choice made by you guys where I thought that someone else should have won due to a better build so I would say that you guys are right on when it comes to picking them.

3) Should we pick 3-5 logs and then have the community pick the winner each month -

Not a bad idea, trying it out to see what happens for a month or two wouldn't be bad, could turn out great as it keeps the community involved.

4) Should we try and do a Mod of the Year run off with the monthly winners at the end of the year -

I like that idea, if not just for glory alone or maybe some sponsors could also contribute to the cause. Also I believe many of you here have some connections with people who work for certain magazines. :wink:

5) Is Modders-Inc a kick ass modding site -

Who the hell is modders inc?... just kidding, hell yeah you guys rule. 8-)

Gauge the FRotM

I like the feature and hope to see it coming again and again. Is there one currently up?

Gauge the FRotM

TGS - Every month since April... looking at picking the Winner for September now. I try to have one picked by the end of the first week in the following month.

Click on the Featured Rigs tab at the top and you will see what the winners get and the past winner since April.

Gauge the FRotM

Very much so. Inspires people.

Yes, solid choices. In my opinion you picked ones that showed talent not their wallet size.

3) Should we pick 3-5 logs and then have the community pick the winner each month
    Up to you, I personally would rather you pick. If I were to win, it would mean more I think.

4) Should we try and do a Mod of the Year run off with the monthly winners at the end of the year
    Definitely. Would be a great section to go through at the end of the year.

My favorite (for real)

Gauge the FRotM

1) Do you like the idea of a Featured Rig of the Month -

Absolutely! Although I haven't been a part of it yet thanks to so many committments it's refreshing and insightful to see people's ideas and innovations which also shows that the modding community is no where near it's death throws yet, despite the declarations of it!

2) Are we on track with the ones that have been picked -

Again, absolutely! All of the picks so far have showcased various talents in completely different areas of modding. It's the variety and the creationism from different people's hands and minds that have made this not only a competition but a practice in practical art yet again.

3) Should we pick 3-5 logs and then have the community pick the winner each month -

I've had no problems with the selections so far to this point but if you wanted to include the community in the voting that might be a good idea to get newer members?

4) Should we try and do a Mod of the Year run off with the monthly winners at the end of the year -

Without a doubt, YES!!! This could become a traditional seasonal event that becomes expected within the modding community in general .

5) Is Modders-Inc a kick ass modding site -

Compared to many of the other sites IMO, To T Lee!!! Some sites are more about testing and reviewing while others focus on advice or Overclocking and others yet on software tips and tricks, whereas Modders-Inc seems to have an extremely well balanced plate full of offerings covering everyones needs.
    One big difference I've noticed on this site though that truly stands out is the bold faced honesty. If someone knows something they gladly share their experience (that's what originally brought me here specifically), if no one knows, that gets mentioned as well but references for information get included so that someone can delve into their own question and answer it with a little time investment.
    This is also one of the more friendlier sites which is even more important. I won't mention any specific forums *Linux* that berate anyone with unequal skill levels and literaly turn people off from their OS (which is the opposite of the mandate from what I understand?). Modders-Inc is about showing your skills and sharing them without the pomp and arrogance displayed on other sites. This is what attracts people albeit slowly, to get ideas and tips.

Gauge the FRotM

Yes. While modders should find inner peace with the work of their mod, we are all human and appreciate some validation for the effort and artistry we put into our craft.

Yes but maybe showing the contenders or some sort of lead-up might make it a bit more engaging.

This is also a good idea and an option.

Most definitely, it is the perfect culmination of modding fervor. You should also do a swimsuit edition... that would be frickin' hilarious. But really, an idea of a joke/prank mod contest would be fun too.

Indeed.

We want you to help us decide which awesome mod get the privilege of getting the award the April 2011 Featured Rig of the Month! We have our favorites, but is one of yours listed here? Please lets keep this clean and without loading up on the votes. As a registered you get one vote, so use it wisely.

guaranteed success.
    Last edited by Blacklion; 01-12-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Thread Information