Thread: RIP Steve Jobs

RIP Steve Jobs

May your Finder track true, and your iTunes never skip.

The man that brought aesthetics and style to computers.... and the rest of the world could only follow.

You were a trendsetter, and a visionary. You will be missed.

God Speed, good sir, you have earned the rest.

-=TD

RIP Steve Jobs

May your Finder track true, and your iTunes never skip.

The man that brought aesthetics and style to computers.... and the rest of the world could only follow.

You were a trendsetter, and a visionary. You will be missed.

God Speed, good sir, you have earned the rest.

-=TD
    Well said sir... Like him or not.... without him PC's would not be what they are today.

many things were learned and innovated under his leadership.

Banned

RIP Steve Jobs

This is about equal to somebody saying that Steve Wozniak was a marketing genius after he dies. Jobs didn't pioneer anything, The Woz did. Jobs was greedy, selfish and a self-righteous prick that catered to whomever put more $$$ in his pockets. He was sneaky, underhanded and just knew how to convince people to believe in his bull crap. I fell for it at one point, and then, years later, I realized my folly and what he was really about. Yes, I have an iPod, I've had it since 2007, and I hate it. I also can't get anyone else to buy it from me for a decent amount of money, and I rarely ever use it. The Macs i have are old, in storage, and will be modded into awesome pc's. Steve Jobs will not be missed by me whatsoever, I'm glad he's gone.

RIP Steve Jobs

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is more right or wrong. Dont confuse my respect for what he did to the industry, with buy in for his product.

I own no Apple product. No iPad/Pod/Phone/Mac/Powerbook.... nothing. My feelings on Apple product run deep, and are not very flattering. But this is not about their product... it is about someone that brought style/elegance to the "form follows function" thinking that the industry was so shackled into (and still largely is to this day).

As much as I did not agree with some of their product decisions, I cannot deny or dismiss the impact his guidance and thinking had upon the industry as a whole.

-=TD

RIP Steve Jobs

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and no one is more right or wrong. Dont confuse my respect for what he did to the industry, with buy in for his product.

I own no Apple product. No iPad/Pod/Phone/Mac/Powerbook.... nothing. My feelings on Apple product run deep, and are not very flattering. But this is not about their product... it is about someone that brought style/elegance to the "form follows function" thinking that the industry was so shackled into (and still largely is to this day).

As much as I did not agree with some of their product decisions, I cannot deny or dismiss the impact his guidance and thinking had upon the industry as a whole.

-=TD
    I 100% agree with this.. a good way to put it is..... if Steve jobs had not taken the calligraphy classes he did in college the fonts styles and sheer elegance available now on both PC and mac would likely be long delayed if ever available..

a persons personal opinions or moral values carry no bearing in my support of the innovation the man has offered the industry. the PC would not be what it is today if he had not been involved.

Banned

RIP Steve Jobs

In the same token, however, we could actually have been a good 10-50% further ahead as well, had he not been involved in it.

RIP Steve Jobs

Although I did respect what he did, I refuse to believe that technology would have stagnated and been bland without him. That's just saying that he was the only one who was creative. BS.
    Things would be different today if he never made it, but I don't believe that technology would be stuck in the dark ages, or prices be sky high if he never came along.
    He was a visionary and that's it. he managed to swindle people into this world of inferior products and mediocrity. His greatest achievement was convincing multitudes that his products were indeed the cats meow. THAT'S his legacy. But yeah, I give him credit for having that charisma to do that, can't say I blame the guy.

RIP Steve Jobs

I agree, and no technology would still move forward but I believe in the PC industry as a whole he was a huge influence on new design and the general "way things work" for alot of things in the beginning.

RIP Steve Jobs

I can think of 100 people more deserving of the accolades that were freely given to Jobs. His demeanor after all and arrogance are what got him fired from Apple in the first place. Apparently he learned from that (somewhat) when, he was re-introduced back into the company. As a human being though I question his character very seriously and unlike some I do call that into question when I buy a product because I try as much as I can to invest and purchase from companies and people I believe in. While this is not "always" possible I believe in putting your money where your mouth is.
    And for someone who abandoned his own daughter and her mother their whole lives, I'm sorry but morally he was a bankrupt individual.

RIP Steve Jobs

He brought us over-priced computers. Cell phones that were similar to small computers which the market was headed towards anyway. Music players. A very flat tablet/computer with limited capabilities. Sorry but I'm just not that impressed.
    Meanwhile Bill Gates handed over half of his fortune to help those less fortunate. Not to say he's a saint by any means. Jobs served his own legacy and not much else.

Thread Information