Thread: Bitcoin Mining?

Bitcoin Mining?

Has anyone done any Bitcoin mining? I am wondering what it would take for me to get into this. I have read alot about it. From what i gather it's similiar to Folding system but used for virtual currency. My assumption is i cna set it up to mine the algorithms and I get a small cut.

So, anyone have more insight into this?

Bitcoin Mining?

Bitcoin what? Never heard of this...

Bitcoin Mining?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_mining#Bitcoin_mining

Here you go.

Not sure if it's safe/legal/other, but it could be all three.

Bitcoin Mining?

Covert "mining"In June 2011, Symantec warned about the possibility of botnets engaging in covert "mining" of bitcoins (unauthorized use of computer resources to generate bitcoins),[66][67] consuming computing cycles, using extra electricity and possibly increasing the temperature of the computer. Later that month, an employee of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation was caught after using the company's servers to generate bitcoins without permission.[68] Some malware also uses the parallel processing capabilities of the GPUs built into many modern-day video cards.[69] In mid August 2011, bitcoin miner botnets were found[70].

Bitcoin Mining?

It's also being monitored by Interpol and several governmental law agencies for money laundering. Sorry this one I'd bow out of.

Bitcoin Mining?

It's also being monitored by Interpol and several governmental law agencies for money laundering. Sorry this one I'd bow out of.
    No kidding? thats messed up, I thought this has alot of potential.

Guess I won't bother.

Thread Information