Thread: In need of a LCD...

In need of a LCD...

hey guys I am looking for a 5 inch (maybe 7 inch) raw LCD screen for my mod coming up. I have never put one of these in before so not sure where to start. I am thinking just a simply 5 inch screen that can plug into a video port. But i hear about USB video also, which would be better. I prefer Touchscreen but it does not have to be. Anyone have any ideas where to find them? been googleing it but only come up with tablets.

In need of a LCD...

Maybe try here... http://www.parts-express.com

and I did one a few years ago....

http://www.modders-inc.com/modules.php?name=NDHow-To&op=Story&ndht_id=15

In need of a LCD...

I get all my screens from Millertech. They have a good assortment of all sizes. If you want to do USB video, EVGA sells a USB Video Adapter. I used that on my BSG case, for the side mounted 10" lcd screen (which I got from Millertech).

In need of a LCD...

fantastic thanks a ton guys. that site is perfect Bod! I'll be ordering me one in a minute.
    Ugh well not in a minute lol. Had to submit a price request first. how inconvenient.

On a side note Bid. Did you have to shield the vga cable that ran inside the PC to the outside VGA port?

In need of a LCD...

That site has way too many monitors. I can't pin any USB ones down

In need of a LCD...

fantastic thanks a ton guys. that site is perfect Bod! I'll be ordering me one in a minute.
    Ugh well not in a minute lol. Had to submit a price request first. how inconvenient.

On a side note Bid. Did you have to shield the vga cable that ran inside the PC to the outside VGA port?
    Yeah, he's not a store, but a private dealer for Accele (iirc) who is the manufacturer.

I didn't do any shielding on BSG. I had the USB video adapter mounted to the inside wall of the hard drive cage, and the lcd screen plugged into it via its vga cable (with a dvi adapter). The USB cable ran along the bottom rail and out the back so it could plug into an available usb port.

In need of a LCD...

70 bucks for a vga to usb adapter seems insane. I have a better solution that i think is going to be downright neat.
    Use the onboard video for the small screen and use the tri sli for the large monitors. I just need to run the vga cable from the inside of the case to the back, outside of the case in a really cool manner. And for the purpose of the 5 inch LCD, VGA is just fine. (could use HDMI also)
    A friend of mine owns a car stereo business and said he can get it to me for cost, around 100 bucks or less (we haven't looked them up yet)

I was only hoping for a USB video, which still may happen, so I could just wire it into the motherboard on the inside.

In need of a LCD...

What about a combo concept like this:

Adapter: Here.

and rca jack it to:

7'' screen: Here.

Some modding needed of coarse but you get the idea.

In need of a LCD...

spam. it's not really pork

In need of a LCD...

spam. it's not really pork
    It spreads as easy as peanut butter though, spam is all over this place.

Thread Information