Thread: A LAN in Seattle?

A LAN in Seattle?

Hello all!

So some friend and myself are attempting to start a LAN in Seattle. We've secured the space, negotiated the power and network requirements, and are assembling the staff. We'll have room for 150 seats and are gathering up sponsors for prize support. The perspective name is Emerald City LAN.

So my question to you fine gentlemen is,"What would you like to see at a LAN?"

We're workingon getting a LN2 demonstration. Shooting for BF3 and TF2 tournies. I would love a SC2 or LoL tournie. We'll be including some pizza and food with the price of a seat.

But what else? I'm posting this here to ask for the expert's help in making this an awesome LAN.

Unfortunately, we can't rent an aircraft carrier for our LAN.

A LAN in Seattle?

Hello all!

So some friend and myself are attempting to start a LAN in Seattle. We've secured the space, negotiated the power and network requirements, and are assembling the staff. We'll have room for 150 seats and are gathering up sponsors for prize support. The perspective name is Emerald City LAN.

So my question to you fine gentlemen is,"What would you like to see at a LAN?"

We're working on getting a N2 demonstration. Shooting for BF3 and TF2 tournies. I would love a SC2 or LoL tournie. We'll be including some pizza and food with the price of a seat.

But what else? I'm posting this here to ask for the expert's help in making this an awesome LAN.

Unfortunately, we can't rent an aircraft carrier for our LAN.
    Why not? Aircraft Carriers are a sure market for war LAN(s)!!!

Some ideas, (you're welcome in advance).

1-Balloon animal making clown (must do background checks!)
    2-Caricature artist
    3-Giant Ice sculpture of a Bikini clad model with a bazooka, or chainsaw gun
    4-Indoor paintball
    5-Self-defense instructor
    6-Donuts!

Honestly though:
    I've never attended one yet, so I don't have much experience in the CON/EXPO/LAN with the exception of seeing them afterward online.
    The prospective name is great! It's something that sounds like it could be a great deal of fun (and hard work) to organize.

Good luck! And if I can come up with anything actually constructive, I'll post that as well!

A LAN in Seattle?

[web]http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CPU_1004/[/web]

[hr]

[hr]

http://www.computerpoweruser.com/DigitalIssues/ComputerPowerUser/CPU_1004/

Read this one. I think most of the issue was just about how to host a LAN.

First and foremost make sure that the network works and stays working. After that it is all gravy.

Will it be a single day or multi day LAN? If multi I think it is always great to have some non-gaming activities. You can only game for so long and you need to take a break.

Activities could be a simple as Simon Says and the winner gets a prize. Set up a card table and let them play poker or something. Heck even Rock, scissors, paper. Anything to break up the time for a bit. Doing these activities make it feel more like a group gathering. Sure you have a group of 150 people and you think it is a group activity, but everyone is at their own PC and focused only on what they are doing.

Just my 1 cent worth :-)

A LAN in Seattle?

I do believe that hot bikini girlz serving food and drink to your seat will fill the event quickly. :P

A LAN in Seattle?

I do believe that hot bikini girlz serving food and drink to your seat will fill the event quickly. :P
    Actually.... there's an idea for this already in the works. Except I doubt she'd wear a bikini.

Thread Information