Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Mod

My First Mod

I finally did it. I went head-foot-body first into a mod. After months and months of looking at everything people have done I without the knowledge of my wife I modded my first case. (it was so hard to dismantle the new case out of the box) but WTH I will pay for it later with the wife...

So I made an order with NewEgg to get my In-Win Dragon Rider Case mainly due to the review here, and impatiently waited for UPS to deliver the goods...

So the steps are dismantle- sand-primer-sand-tape-paint-(opps paint not dry enough) sand-paint-sand-primer-paint-finish. What a heck of a way to learn.

CPU=AMD Phenom II X4 970 Black Edition Deneb 3.5GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
    Motherboard=ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    CPU Cooler=EVGA M020-00-000234 Superclock CPU Cooler
    RAM=CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
    Video=XFX Double D HD-679X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6790 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
    Case=IN WIN Dragon Rider Black 1.0 - 0.8mm SECC Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
    PWRSPLY=Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-550 550W Continuous @ 50°C, 80 PLUS GOLD Certified, Single +12V Rail, ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92, SLI Ready, CrossFire Ready, Active - PFC Power Supply
    10-COOLER MASTER R4-L2R-20AC-GP 120mm Blue LED Case Fan

But here are the pictures

My First Mod

Excellent work, good for you! You did a really nice job of keeping a theme and the rig looks great. I imagine from what you have inside it seems to run aw well as it looks. Congratulations and welcome to the forums!

My First Mod

Nice work man love this two colors and the case is awesome to mod on it we will wait for more work from you!

My First Mod

Thank you all for the responses. Was a little leery of posting this but my nephew and buddy in Nebraska said I should. Now my nephew has his all in pieces in my garage painting his case. He is going todo some lighting on it. I will have post his pictures to.

My First Mod

Thank you all for the responses. Was a little leery of posting this but my nephew and buddy in Nebraska said I should. Now my nephew has his all in pieces in my garage painting his case. He is going todo some lighting on it. I will have post his pictures to.
    Ah great stuff, spread the virus!

My First Mod

dam i think he is going to look better than mine

My First Mod

Nice work! I really like the green you picked out. It contrasts with the black perfectly. My only complaint is the last picture. You spent all that time jazzing up the case and then it looks like it pooped a rat's nest of cables. But then of course... I've a got a rat's nest of cables under my desk right now... so hey Pot! Kettle likes your case!

Banned

My First Mod

I like it too, good job. The only thing I myself would change, would be to switch out all blue (led's, etc.) for green, to better fit with the theme, and to also figure out how to keep the mesh from hiding the green painted pieces. They look really cool w/out the mesh, and would look cool with mesh behind the green pieces, but when it's over the green, it takes a lot away from it and hides it. Still, for a 1st timer, that's a really great job, heck, I've still yet to actually finish an actual case mod, lol, and I've been doing this stuff for over a decade+, lol.

My First Mod

i am trying to find the right covering for the PSU wires but it is also i am alittle afraid to do that. And i really am not understanding what your (PM_DMNKLR) with the mesh behind the green pieces. The green pieces really have me confused as the whole inside of the case is green and there are no other pieces. Please explain it a little more in detail so I understand. (I have redneckism and dont see what your saying) Thanks

My First Mod

Wow.. I believe you but it looks like you have done this before.. Nice Mod.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information