Hey all! Those that have followed me on FB know that I have just about completed my daughter's new computer. It is a case mod build for her, to her specifications. It's not some highly engineered piece of amazingness, but it is cool in it's own right.
I'm processing pics right now, and hope to have the build log started here in the next few days, and have it up to date as soon as possible.
Main thing was that this is for my daughter's birthday, so I had a very short time table to knock this out.
What she wanted:
1) The case had to do with Dinosaurs.
Pretty simple you'd think... but then she followed up with:
2) I want the dino pink and teal.... maybe purple too!
(oh dear.... certainly not my first color choices...)
So, I get to work on the case and start sketching ideas on different dinos, and settle on the raptors. I then some up with the idea of making the case look like a dig site, and try to simulate a set of dinosaur bones that has been discovered, and is partially dug out. My job has been a bear of a time leach lately, so I also needed to make sure I did not make this build too complicated/difficult. I needed to finish this build!!! This is my daughter after all! It also needed to be durable, since she is not easy on equipment, and since it was down near her feet.... no drastic sharp edges or points.
This was a fun build. Started on it 1/15/2012 and pretty much finished it on 2/13/2012, so a little less than 30 days, so it is an elongated speed build....
All that taken into account, I set to work. More pics to follow over the coming days, but this build is about 98% complete right now. Hopefully, this build log will serve to show you how I did something that you may not have seen done... and that will lead you to improve upon it.