Thread: Best Paint

Best Paint

Hi people,this my first time in the forums at Modders-Inc and I have a question reguarding the best paint for case modding.My situation is that the case I want to paint has a steel body and a plastic bezel.What paint
    will be suitable for both types of material? Any information would be appreciated.Thanks

Best Paint

You would definatly want to use a good primar. As for the actual paint, basically any paint designed for cars will work, just go out to your local autoparts shop and get a can of that paint.

Best Paint

basically same question as at first, but any difference with an aluminum body and plastic front?

Wet Sanded

Best Paint

Get an all-purpose high quality primer. Paint shouldn't be a problem as long as it's all-purpose, or includes both metal and plastic surfaces in its description.

Best Paint

Lets find out what you are thinking about doing and we can help you more.

If the case is all Aluminum and you are thinking about just a one solid color I would really look at powder coating it or getting it anodized. Theses two types will get a better bound the aluminum.

If you go with either auto or spray can paint make sure that the metal is very clean and use a good primer, then a few coats of the color you want. A couple of good layers of clear coat over the finished paint job will help the paint from damage.

Thread Information