Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT certification

IT certification

hello friends and modders! I was wondering if any of you all were A+ certified or anything or how the certfifcation works. I'm trying to do some more stuff to advance my carrer and improve my life. Thanx in advance.

IT certification

Hey nogig. I have my A+ and I got a pertty nice paying job with it. I'll I did was buy a book and study on my own, found a testing site took the two test(one for hardware and one for OS) and got certied.

IT certification

this book available at say books a million?

Clear Coat

IT certification

definitely, if thats what it sounds like (B&N or Borders ripoff) if not then you can find them at B&N, or amazon. I am just waiting until i have the "spare" cash to take the tests, i think it is like $300 total, but I may be mistaken. How much did you pay nova?

IT certification

you should open a shop in holly hell if you get certimafied. you would probably make some good bank.

IT certification

hey guys i looked into it some more the tests seem to be 153 a piece. I'm hoping that i can overthrow the current it guy at work if i get certification. ( management is aware of my abilities, his however are very much in question) Opening a pc repair biz is also something i have considered. I also read something about microsft cert. is anyone familiar with that?

IT certification

Yeah if you get your A+ don't stop get more like Network+ and Linux+. It always helps never hurts.
    The test are 153 each, some websites offer vouchers for money off. Ill see if i can't get you one since i'm a Comptia member.

IT certification

Yeah, Go with Comp TIA, thier program is good. If you need more information, There are 80 questions per test. You get 90 minutes to finish each test. Out of a score of 900, you need to get 515 to pass the hard ware and 505 to pass the OS test.

good luck!

IT certification

big thank you there novaforme! Gona also take your advice ghostshadow and go after the networking and stuff too.

Clear Coat

IT certification

Yah, companies are real big on getting microsoft network certified, and pretty much any other certification program that sounds legit (network+ and others) will score you points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information