Thread: Question about categories in Modders Inc contests

Question about categories in Modders Inc contests

Ok, just got back from QuakeCon, am very interested in building a competitor for next year, but have a question.

This year there 3 categories - Fabrication (no exsisting case used), Case Mod (started with a retail case), and Theme.

Is there a point in the Case Mod category where you'd be judged as a fabrication? I ask because one of my ideas is use all the internals and support of a retail case, but completely build the shell myself, and I want to know which category this would place me in, as I don't want to be in the fabrication category.

I know this after the fact as we were SO busy at the event that we hardly had time to think and I we missed lunch everyday but one... on with the answer.

If the outside is all fabricated then it would go into the scratch built category.

I hope you had a good time and had fun in for the contest. We have some ideas that will hopefully make it better and funner next year!

Hmm, that's upsetting, lol. I was hoping to avoid the fabrication category! Will they be doing a themed category next year, you think?

BTW, if you were at the event, it's very likely we met - I was with Adam Owen (DOHCDragon) and he took 2nd place in the case mod category.

We hope that next years contest will be announced sooner, thus some PR work can be done to increase the results. We want to get back to the point where modders would spend the entire time in between each event modding for the next event. Some great mods are developed this way. We will just have to wait and see what QuakeCon decides to do in the coming months.

Hey guys, is there a list of the Winner's real names anywhere? I wanted to speak with the individual who built the "Quakecon2012" PC.... Please PM me their info. Looks like a good time! Bill

We want to get back to the point where modders would spend the entire time in between each event modding for the next event. Some great mods are developed this way. We will just have to wait and see what QuakeCon decides to do in the coming months.

Many modders found that altering the interior of Xbox 360s was difficult due to absence of a power cable (normally in a PC, this cord attaches the hard disk drive to its motherboard). Despite shortcomings, modders also found a way to power neon lighting and other powered equipment by using the DVD-ROM power supply; however, due to insufficient power to the hard disk drive, it often caused freezing during disk access. Another common method for internal case modding uses the power outlet for the internal fan by splitting the cord with a "Y" connector. However, the most up to date modders will use power points under where the PSU (power supply) plugs in, which doesn't diminish any (or very little) power from the console.

I read your site.I like it very much.I hope it will be good of people.
    I have a small website.If you want please visit this website a ber.

Thread Information