Thread: Deleted Work Log Threads ??

Deleted Work Log Threads ??

Ok in the process of updating my write up and images to my mods I come back to place two that I have completed back up but now the original threads have all disappeared or deleted........what gives there....???? :evil: :evil: :roll: Someone care to explain........

Ok in the process of updating my write up and images to my mods I come back to place two that I have completed back up but now the original threads have all disappeared or deleted........what gives there....???? :evil: :evil: :roll: Someone care to explain........
    Well I cant say for sure.

The last time I seen your logs they had been edited by you and their content removed (shortly after you expressed your dislike of our contest rules/choices). I can only assume one of the mods decided to delete them because there was nothing in them.

I mean you strip them of their content, doesnt leave much of a reason to leave blank posts does it?

I am the guilty one and it is just as Tazz stated. You tagged all you threads "Mod Removed" and they stayed that way for a EVERY long time. I waited too see if you were going to either remove the threads yourself or updated them. Neither one happened, so I waited some more and still nothing. You should have tagged them or something if you were someday going to updated them.

Look at it from our point of view, why have threads tagged "Mod Removed" (or what ever it said) sitting there empty of pics, and taking up space?

Due to the real world that I live and operate in many things in my life require attention thus placing them on a higher priority and the things I wish to do placed on the back burner. I guess the both of you don't have such problems and and are able to do the fun things first or not worry about what is important.

Myself have allot of interests as I guess allot of the members here including your selves but every time you go to get back to fixing things something else just comes up and takes you away from it. During my time I was upgrading my threads I also changed to Photo bucket to host images so I had to upload all the images again then sort out the coding do replace my old work.

I then thought that since my original threads were dated I would now re-write the logs to bring them up to date with the other changes I had done since. You both should know only too well how long this can take and what is involved and how difficult it can be when you have to lay the project down to do other things which take priority from a forum you visit.

You have both jumped the gun and assumed things which is far from reality but now that you have assumed things that are not correct I guess I'm left looking like a complete dickhead...Thanks

To correct your info Tazz and AF since you brought it up I have always expressed my dislike of your contest (to the way there conducted and restrictions that are placed on them) from the start. It's no big secret for I have been vocal about it in the forums and the only time that I saw there was no need to make a forum turn ugly with some of my thoughts I took those concerns to you both in a private message and left it at that. Shame the both of you didn't do the same and send me an email or private message and ask what was happening with my log threads or what I wanted done to them........

I haven't made any post concerning or adding fuel to the fire over dissatisfaction to the way the contests are handled after that last reply I made letting it go and not disrupting the forums but here you are assuming things that is far from what I think your implying.

All I can say is thank you...... and continue to do things when I have the spare time to devote to the things I much prefer to do than worry about real life problems.

Ricky

Due to the real world that I live and operate in many things in my life require attention thus placing them on a higher priority and the things I wish to do placed on the back burner. I guess the both of you don't have such problems and and are able to do the fun things first or not worry about what is important.

Myself have allot of interests as I guess allot of the members here including your selves but every time you go to get back to fixing things something else just comes up and takes you away from it. During my time I was upgrading my threads I also changed to Photo bucket to host images so I had to upload all the images again then sort out the coding do replace my old work.

I then thought that since my original threads were dated I would now re-write the logs to bring them up to date with the other changes I had done since. You both should know only too well how long this can take and what is involved and how difficult it can be when you have to lay the project down to do other things which take priority from a forum you visit.
    Everyone has a life in the real world and has to deal with everything they are dealt in life. If a post is edit and left dormant, there is no reason for it to be left posted. I did not imply a single thing by my post. I simply stated what looked to be obvious to me.

Well I cant say for sure.

The last time I seen your logs they had been edited by you and their content removed (shortly after you expressed your dislike of our contest rules/choices). I can only assume one of the mods decided to delete them because there was nothing in them.

I mean you strip them of their content, doesnt leave much of a reason to leave blank posts does it?
    I mentioned the "expressing of your feelings" part simply to show a time frame. Now if you want to hear my opinion on that then fine ask. Take my comments as you will, my thoughts have been varified and that answers the question for me. American Freak has just as much say in how this site is maintained as I do. His and my opinions on matters are almost dead on. Had I been asked about the posts I would have said delete them. As he stated it had some form of message stating the mod was removed, no reason as to why. Now had it said something like "Will be updating this thread, changing image hosts." or something along those lines it would have been left there as it was.

You have both jumped the gun and assumed things which is far from reality but now that you have assumed things that are not correct I guess I'm left looking like a complete dickhead...Thanks
    what gives there....???? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes Someone care to explain
    We are not pointing fingers, your reading more into things than whats there. You asked for an explanation, I replied telling you what I think happened and an approximate time frame of the last time I seen them. American Freak replies agreeing to what I had thought happened and added a little more light on the subject. Neither one of us said that your deleting their content had anything to do with the discussions we had weither it was thought to be or not. It did not matter, the posts content appeared to be removed for whatever reason, after a said amount of time they was "Pruned" if you will, as are many posts as time goes on. So please do explain to me (or anyone thats reading this post for that part) at what point in time are we making you look like a "complete dickhead"? You asked a question and got an answer. Looks pretty simple to me.

To correct your info Tazz and AF since you brought it up I have always expressed my dislike of your contest (to the way there conducted and restrictions that are placed on them) from the start. It's no big secret for I have been vocal about it in the forums and the only time that I saw there was no need to make a forum turn ugly with some of my thoughts I took those concerns to you both in a private message and left it at that. Shame the both of you didn't do the same and send me an email or private message and ask what was happening with my log threads or what I wanted done to them........

I haven't made any post concerning or adding fuel to the fire over dissatisfaction to the way the contests are handled after that last reply I made letting it go and not disrupting the forums but here you are assuming things that is far from what I think your implying.

All I can say is thank you...... and continue to do things when I have the spare time to devote to the things I much prefer to do than worry about real life problems.

Ricky
    I actually thought it to be a good thing that you did end up pming us about the contest and its rules. There is no reason to blow things out of proportion on a public site. If I do recall correctly, you stated your thoughts and comments as did we. I do not recall anyone getting out of hand with thos comments.

As far as us contacting someone that deletes a posts contents for whatever reason. It really does not matter to us why the authors would choose to do so, if the post is flagged that something will take its place then so be it. But if its left dormant and nothing stated that an update is coming then chances are if the author waits to long they could be gone. See as you said, other things take priority in life. We run this site for the community and try to keep it as organized, clean, and working smoothly. Posts will be deleted over time. If a post does not hold content that can provide some form of usefullness, there is no reason for it to be there unless its in the section for it.

Seriously tho, does anyone else think we are fueling something here? LOL seems to be some serious talk on a empty worklog thread. On a side note tho, had you reposted your log, it would not have came out right if I remember correctly(IMHO). I do believe there where posts by others there that pertained to the content that was originally posted that soon disappeared.

Seems like the finger always gets pointed somewhere. None the less, I know there was nothing meant by our actions and or comments.

Thread Information