Thread: Splitsite

Wet Sanded

Splitsite

LOL, while making an avatar, I noticed that splitlip.com is for sale. Not actually being serious about it, I typed in the lowest bid possible. This is what I got:

Go ahead and read the little box I put around my response.

I thought that was a little high for me personally. hehe.

I know a few of you guys have started your own sites, how much did you/do you pay to keep your domain name?

Splitsite

ultramodz.com which is Me nogigs and phaxmohdems site was umm im not really sure because phax bought it but ill have to ask him.

Wet Sanded

Splitsite

I bet it wasn't 5 grand

Splitsite

LOL...not that much...I think Modders-Inc cost about $12-15 to get and I was able to aquire moddersinc.com for $8....funny back story to that one. I wanted both the spellings as I figured that most ppl would not included the - in the names. So I found out who had it and it was one of the guys that work with TBCS site and they had not used it for almost 3 yrs and did not want to give it up. So I back ordered it and when they forgot to renew it I bought it. :-)

Wet Sanded

Splitsite

Whoa! sweet, I'll never type the hyphen again!

Splitsite

haha wow, I actually saw someone trying to sell a domain for about...3.5K recently. Forgot hte domain , it was so high though. Yeah, I got my online stores .com domain for.. $14.99 I believe.

Wet Sanded

Splitsite

Yar.. I typed the hyphen.

Splitsite

i got two domains, one for my site and one for a friend for free with a hosting package, the package was only $30 for 6 months, seems like a pretty nice deal to me since the package has a lot of stuff included with it. my favorite is the ability to use a mail server finally!

Thread Information