Thread: Batman Flashdrive

Master Modder

Batman Flashdrive

I bought a flashdrive of 512mg for $19.95 from Frye's Electronics in Dallas last year. Online it's call Outpost.com. Yesterday I bought a Pez dispenser for $2.00 in the shape of Batman. Now I started and finished this project before I made the decision to post it. So I don't have to many pics but I think I can get the point across. To start with you need to disassemble the dispenser. It will come apart with 5 different pieces. The head, the inner lining where the candy is placed, the spring, spring cap which the candy sits on top of, and the outer shell. The inner lining is the first piece that has to be modified. The inner lining serves 2 purposes, 1 to hold the candy and 2 it has a built-in spring mech. for the head to be able to remain closed when not in use. That portion where the head is attached with the spring area needs to be removed. I used a set of wire cutters to cut that area off. So all that is left is the area where the candy rests in. The head needs to have the inside area cleaned of all excess plastic so that the flashdrive will fit up into the head. Once you have the head cleaned and the drive test fitted, then I used GOO a rubber cement, to glue the drive into the head. With the inner liner completed by removing the upper portion, it too is ready to glue into the outer shell so that the bottoms of the liner and shell are even. Then all you have to do is wait for the glue to dry and with the inner liner glued in, you don't need the flashdrive cap. So remove the cap and place the head with the drive into the bottom. Here are some pics of the Batman Flashdrive.
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    [img]a href=[/img][/img]
    You can see in the first pic the white inner liner is in place and waiting for the glue to dry.

Batman Flashdrive

Haha. Thats Awesome!

Wet Sanded

Batman Flashdrive

When you pull back the head, does the port come out? Nice work though.

Batman Flashdrive

oh man, going to have to copy this one, just need to go find one I like, wolverine....maybe

Master Modder

Batman Flashdrive

To access the flashdrive all you have to do is pull the head in a upward direction and the whole drive and head come off of the base. The drive is glue into the head and the drive fits into the body like a knive goes into a scabbard. Thanks for looking SplitLip. Happy Modding.

Batman Flashdrive

haha, man, I did this with a spiderman last year. looks good buddy

Master Modder

Batman Flashdrive

Thanks Ghostshadow. It was a hoot doing this and the looks I get from family is worth all the time and money. Have fun modding.

Thread Information