Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone ever get custom fan grills?

anyone ever get custom fan grills?

I'm just curious, has anyone here ever ordered custom cut fan grills? i;ve seen some custom ones in a few cases, before. i know i get tired of seeing the same old fan grills, so i was curious to how many of you have ordered them, how many of you have considered them? lol what would you guys even expect to pay for something like that?

I had some pentagram grills made from KoolPCMods.com, but now the site is extinct. I think I spent about 10 for each, but a lot of designs can be made by yourself.

i'm actually considering machining and selling custom fan grills, and i gotta say, they'd be normal priced, not $10 a peice. i'm just curious to what the demand would be. if you want i can post a link to the thread on my site where i have a bit more info on this.

here are some , also some that are no longer made, just so you can get ideas ... http://www.modders-inc.com/ftopict-90.html

there's always been a demand for something different ... good luck

I must say, custom fan grills would be pretty cool, especially if you did 120mm as designs for that size are rare...

i'd offer all sizes of course

Ive had custom fan grills made for me before....and to be honest is there another way? Custom or nothing imo. I had mine made by a guy at another site that basically runs the same kind of deal. I think it was about 100 bux for 12 or so grills. Cant remember its been awhile. They were cut out of basic aluminum and shipped to me in two pieces so that i could mod them from there. Polish or paint whatever i really needed to do. Heres some of the 120's he did for me I polished those.

I also had some 92s that i painted for a sff mod, but my images need to be actually loaded up to a gallery before i can link em.

Someone made me some custom Grills for X-Mas last year.

A friend made me some as well.

those are some pretty nice grills guys. I've got things figured out and i hope to be sellin em by thanksgiving. I plan to price them competitivly, so even though mine would be custom, they would be priced around the same price as normal stocked fan grills. I think xoxide has their 80mm fan grills priced around $4 so i would do the same and i'd expect that to get some attention since i'm offering that price as a custom job.

if you guys are interested i have a thread on my site that i can post where you guys can discuss this. I'm planning to do custom case cuts, window kits, window etchings (pending a demo run to check the quality), and cust fan grills (of all sizes), and in this thread we discuss some various designs, custom machining potential, and also i breifly talk about a rewards program.

I dont wanna post the link because i've walked the line on plugging mysite before, but if theres interest then i can pm you the link.

but it's pretty cool i think, i see lots of potential on the things that can be done. And if you guys have any suggestions of proposed designs i'd really love to hear them. Modding is all about creativity, and it's hard to do that when all you have are the same stock items on every other site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information