Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B's mod

B's mod

Hey buddies for my first official modding i'm gonna transform this :

into this

So let's start by a couple draws so you could see what i want it to look at the end :

So the whole thing is going to be Shiny white, but when i mean shiny...

on it, there will be some orange and light grey lines that will imitate a PCB pattern.

I'm gonna use some glass fiber to change the shape of the case. On the whole thing i'm gonna put some boat Gelcoat so it would be supra shiny (yes i know i LOVE when it shines).

Finally i'm gonna go for some Mobo painting and a custom mesh so it would look like a Formula one Air intake

So, guy, fell free to comment, give advices or ask question, i will try keep this feed up to date every two days

Seeya !
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Bye,
    B

Quick reply to show you the components i plan to put in this computer.
    Let's start by some power supply : it's a 650 w 80+ cooler master that i bought used, like 30 buck on the internet

then the Ram, 8gb more regular you die ^^

The motherboard, my biggest success as it cost me 20 bucks

And finally the computer heart ! My FX 6300 CPU <3

As you've been able to guess, this is budget build, and i will try to stretch down to a 30 euros budgets for my whole mod, all included.
    Seeya for further updates about the GPU and the HDD
    Again, feel free to comment !
    Bye,
    B

Hey guys, some good news ! I received my GPU, the Vtx3D ati 7950 i paid 105 euros

And... I finally got a free case to mod.
    Bad new, this is what the case looks like --'

Hopefully all the components fit in, altough with a late 90's style cable management

I plan starting sanding down the case and doing more precise plans within the week
    Bye,
    B

Hey buds, no photo today, but the OS il all installed and the computer running BF3 ultra under 80 fluent fps

I chose to reverse the case (install it upside down and reverse the components inside) as it's gonna help me when the cutting part's gona come.

BTW, i'd need an efficient 3D modelling sftw that would model curves and all the stuff so i'd have a 3D file to give to the guy who CNCing the mold. Any idea about the best ? (free if possible, otherwise, ill install the copy of SW2013 that i've been given by my school).

Thanks !
    Bye,
    B

Ok, under the advice of a couple friends, i'll go sketchup. I will post here screens of the finished product once i'll be satisfacted with my work
    Bye,
    B

So i made some 3d work and then i cut down the male mold for the fiber in expansed polystyrene with a circular saw ( amazingly efficient ^^)
    Finished, the facade mold looks like this, still the fiber to put on :

so there's stll a lot of work though i hope i'm going on the reight path and the case's gonna be finished by the end of the moth.

If you have any question or advices, please yourself !
    Bye,
    B

Some more photos of the case "legs" i just finished. The final shape will be close to this
    Name:  P1030402.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  32.9 KB
    Bye,
    B

I finished the first shaping of the legs, though there's still a lot more work to do cutting ( look at the pink lines on the left leg...), i'm glad it's going fast
    Couple pics for you guys

A friend of mine suggested i'd put some fans inside of the legs. I'm planning to try this option, but honestly i doubt i'd work as the glass fiber isn't gonna be mush resistant there if there is a hole to let the air pass trough. Drawings coming soon, check for updates
    Bye,
    B

So i've worked on this ideo of a couple blowholes inside the legs ; and here i come with lots of pictures

Backstage the case, the space to put the fan in is quite small

Therefore the blowhole is not very big (going on 80mm fans)
    Name:  P1040003.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  16.3 KB

I have to cut the inside of the legs

But first, finish the exterior shape along the pink lines to have a thinner look.

I know, some pics are VERY blurry but that was all i could do in my room this morning, sorry --'
    More updates coming, stay updated !
    Bye,
    B

Liking it so far. Keep up the good work!
    Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty #moddersinc @moddersinc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information