Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No folding or gaming for a while...

No folding or gaming for a while...

Earlier this morning my idiot neighbor was trying to remove a very large tree, 4' in diameter and 40' tall, from his front yard with a few friends. Unfortunately it didn't go so well, falling and destroying nearly the whole northwest corner of my house. If a tree were to hit any other part of my house I wouldn't be so upset, but the room it hit was my computer room destroying my gaming and folding computers, my laptop, and my digital camera plus a lot of other random electronics. However I am glad that no one got hurt but just pissed that someone could be so stupid. Me and my parents have already worked out the insurance with their company which will cover everything, including my destroyed computers and camera, and I'd have to say that I was very impressed with how quick the whole process was. I have no clue when I am going to be able to build my computers again so I probably won't get any more WUs done for folding for a while.

Damn... I would kill the guy, some people just don't realize or simply just use common sense. If there is a chance something will go wrong (STOP and let it be done the right way). Hopefully the Inusrance Co. will get on the ball and get you guys what you got coming. I wouldn't let the neighbor off easy either... LOL.

Master Modder

Man, how stupid can a person be? I agree with Tazz, your neighbor should get off to easy. He should be hung by his testicles from the tallest tree still standing. Glad to hear nobody was hurt, but sorry to here that all of your hard work is gone. Take care and I'll pray that all goes well for you.

Throw salt and make a picture (cough) on his lawn. Although that woudln't do much to make up for your loss, it'd be a pretty funny sight. Were you able to salvage anything?

/me slaps the stupid person

Well, the tree literally landed right on my gaming computer, the only thing I was able to salvage from it was the 250GB hdd, to my surprise it didn't even have a scratch on it. The processor was bent out of the socket and my video card was broke in half right along the core. One thing that was lucky to survive was the new 89 watt socket 939 X2 4400 I just got and never got around to installing this weekend becasue I was so busy, any other weekend and it would have been in my gaming computer already and thus destroyed. I'm sure I'll think of someway to get him back that isn't illegal.

So you told the insurance company that you had a 6800 conroe with 2 7950 right?....lol

As for the house THAT really sucks, but it is just a building and it can be rebuilt. Thank goodness that no one got hurt.

I see it as plus for your PC...Rebuild it up now...new stuff is always cool!

Wet Sanded

Aww that's totally crazy.. The first thought that went through my mind was "I hope he gets his HDD... That's totally the most irreplacable part.. Especially with Microsofts and everyones anti-piracy craze."

I hope everything works out well in your favor.

Man, how stupid can a person be? I agree with Tazz, your neighbor should get off to easy. He should be hung by his testicles from the tallest tree still standing. Glad to hear nobody was hurt, but sorry to here that all of your hard work is gone. Take care and I'll pray that all goes well for you.
    lmao so very true.

Jeezus o.O. Yeah, I agree that that guy deffinatly should NOT be let off so easily. It's great you got the insurance worked out though. He should be punished for his stupidity.

Sorry mate...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information