Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razer Barracuda� HP-1 8 Channel Gaming Headphones

Razer Barracuda� HP-1 8 Channel Gaming Headphones

Razer, the leader in high performance gaming mice, has jumped full force into the sound products arena with their Barracuda HP-1 Headphones. Razer knows how much gamers want the best hardware available to beat down their opponents and hearing your foe before he hears you can mean a win or a loss! Did Razer do what they set out to do and give users of the Barracuda HP-1 Headphones an advantage over everyone else?

Check out Modders-Inc Review of the Razer Barracuda HP-1.

Wet Sanded

Unbeleivably good review AF! I can't believe you took apart $130 headphones!

Hey I had to see for myself and for the readers about the speaker setup.

Glad you liked the review. :-)

Brilliant review! Makes me really want a pair of them. I just have a couple of questions for you as I am really interested in these. I have the Zalman 5.1 surround headphones which have a similar speaker setup. They have 3 speakers inside them. 2- center/front, 2 - left/ right, 2 - rear. This setup worked ok but I found that the center front and the left and right didn't seem all that different. In fact the simulated center had a sorta dead spot. It got kinda confusing at times and its really hard to explain the effect. I eventually canned them for the Sennheisers like you have.

My question is have you tried the Zalman 5.1's out, if so how would you compare them to these headphones?

and if not have you noticed any kind of wierd positioning problems with the sound.

With the surround sound. Is this something you have to tweak with the volume knobs to get things "just right" so to speak? Whats the setup like on these?

I would like to start saying that, what a great review. You're really writing and reviwing good - thumbs up . But am I the only one who think it look like a copy of the Icemat Siberia headset. The strap looks really like the Siberia, but maybe it's just me :b Is it 9 out of 10 or 13 ?

WTF? It looks like you're sponsored by Razer, then you aren't objective =/

How so? We run banners for the sponsors that provide us with product to review. That does not mean they get a review that is biased in any way. It simply means regardless of how the review comes out we do appreciate them sending the product for us to review. If we review something that we feel is shit then we will let the review show it.

Tis true..MI has no problem pooping on hardware. The crappy G3 mouse comes to mind for one.

LOL..I have been waiting for the first one of these comments and it did not take to long.

WE DO NOT GET PAID FOR ANY OF THE BANNERS ON MODDERS-INC.

EVERY Sponsor gets a banner on the site when an item is offered for review (good or bad). This is just our way of saying thanks. They mean nothing more or nothing less.

ALL the sponsors know that if they submit an item for review it will be looked at, tested, and rated.

We have a policy here...
    · We will not give a false-positive or complimentary review to any equipment submitted to Modders-Inc.

There have been times were we could get lots of stuff from some vendors, but wanted "favorable reviews" and they were flat out told to take a hike. They did and went to other sites to get their stuff reviewed and I am sure you have read them.

Look I try to an honest man...I am 43 and have no one to impress.... it all boils down to this; if it sucks, it sucks.
    If it is good, its good.

amen....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information