Thread: Casemod *Unnamed* - Buildlog

Casemod Avalanche - Buildlog

Hello fellas!

This is Martin, from Denmark, here!
    I'll be building a watercooled Haf Stacker, and painting a little NAS server together as a mini bro. My previous case was the Corsair 700D, which was gorgeous, but i wanted something bigger with a lot of space. The choice was between the 900D or HAF stackers, and since there is a lot of 900D mods out there, then i just wanted to try something else.
    This casemod is called Avalanche. Simply because it is white, big and is gonna be terrifying heavy! I live on 1. floor and almost can't lift it down the stairs alone , even without anything inside it.
    Watercooling will be themed white and black. Fittings, res etc will be themed white, while the fluid will be black as the best contrast. I will be running hardline tubing and soft tubing in the bottom for draining and easy acces. Cables will be sleeved with white paracord which looks insanely awesome

I got some parts and then i have hard specs, the parts is more like the smaller things in the case. But the parts that I am going to use for the case is
    HAF Stacker 935
    HAF Stacker 915R
    11x SHADOW WINGS 120mm
    1x SHADOW WINGS 140mm
    3x SHADOW WINGS 92mm
    UE Megaboom

CPU: i7-5930k
    GPU: 2x GTX 980 Ti
    PSU: Corsair AX 1500w
    MOBO: ASUS X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 64GB DDR4 2800Mhz

I have already thought of lighting, I got annoyed by the lightning from the RGB strips i currently have, so I took it to the next level and ordered a RGBW Pure White LED strips. With that I'll be using a DX8 Touch controller, which I'll be mounting In a place which is easy to reach from outside the case.

Planning and sketching
    I got the sketches of the 915Rs, but i might not get to the 935, the most important sketches were the 915's as it is those that will be getting modded the most.

NAS Build

Top 915R

Bottom 915R

To do list

• Cut side panel ✓
    • Paint cases ✓
    • Place acrylic window panels ✓
    • PSU cover and cable cover to the top 915R

#1 Update
    HAF Stacker unboxed and is now ready to get cut. I plan on putting custom windows in the top as you might have noticed in the sketching.

#2 Update
    Last edited by Nemo; 09-11-2015 at 05:07 AM.

The cooler master stacker is a great setup for doing a 2-in-1 system.

Yea it is I am going for 2 systems, but i think it will be 2 seperate systems. 915R + 930 + 915R and a single 915R for the NAS. I am afraid it will get too high if i stack it all Also, it might look cool having a big bro and a little bro

#2 Update
    Side panels cut for the windows! Now getting ready for the painting :thumb: I am thinking of a matt white, or maybe even satin?

I have been moving for the last month and is now finally settled down. I am preparing to paint by sanding the surfaces a little, and since there is a lot, i mean, a lot, really really, a lot of surfaces, this might take some time.
    This is the first half part i am preparing.

#4 Finished painting. This is the result Missing a few spots, but that will be fixed soon

Last edited by Nemo; 08-30-2015 at 05:05 AM.

#5 Finished a lot of small stuff from painting to side panels, and something just arrived at my door. Sneakpeak of watercooling theme res and a UE Megaboom for the pc audio. Now that most things are set up, lets reveal some specs!

CPU: i7-5930k
    GPU: 2x GTX 980 Ti
    PSU: Corsair AX 1500w
    MOBO: ASUS X99 Deluxe
    RAM: 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Aaaand whole load of watercooling. Watercooling theme will be white fittings etc, and black fluid. So lets give this build a kick!

Items arrived today! Almost though. Still need the CPU. The*i7-5930K will be there soon enough. But good news, sleeving supplies should be here next week!

Last edited by Nemo; 09-11-2015 at 04:56 AM.

#6 Update!
    So a little sleeving done, and god I adore it, feel like a little child opening Christmas gifts Due date is (hopefully) the october the 9th where NPF turns the power on for 4500 gamers. Stay tuned!

Thread Information