Thread: help

help

I recently got a new video card for my dad because he's getting into drafting and he wanted dual monitors, well he couldnt wait till I got home and installed the video card himself as well as the drivers without deleting the old drivers first...and well now there is no video...

I contacted the company that made the card but I can't get thru to someone I can understand.

Any help is appreciated

help

Uninstall both sets of drivers and start from scratch is the first thing I would do.

If its got integrated video disable it.

help

thats the thing, i can't see anything on my computer so i have no clue how to delete the drivers

Master Modder

help

Have you tried to boot into safe mode? If I'm not mistaken, safe mode will use Microsoft's generic drivers for video and then you should be able to remove the others. If I'm wrong with this advice please correct me please anyone.

help

I tried that, but i couldnt see a thing

help

Remove the new card and reinstall / enable the old. That should force it to boot with the stock generic drivers. Then remove both sets and try again.

help

Remove the new card and reinstall / enable the old. That should force it to boot with the stock generic drivers. Then remove both sets and try again.
    Sound advice. You could also try resetting your bios just for grins.

Wet Sanded

help

Undo as much of what you just did as you can. (Which is basically what Tazz said)

help

I tried that and it didn't work, I would reformat the disk, but the comp will only run on win98 and i dont have a copy of win98 that works anymore

Thread Information