Thread: Could I get some advice?

Post Could I get some advice?

So, My name is Justin, I am new to the modding world and the forum as well. I just have a few questions and would love some insight or even personal opinion on what options are open to me and what I could do the make my computer, when i do build it in the next couple months, more aesthetically pleasing and perform better.

I guess I should throw out what I will be using as far as internal hardware goes:

Case: I went with the Corsair Carbide 540, Arctic White.
    Motherboard: EVGA X99 FTW Intel Extended
    Processor: Intel i7-5820K Haswell-E 6 Core 3.3GHz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce 980 Superclocked / EVGA GeForce 970
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4) SDRAM DDR4 2666
    Hard Drive: Corsair Force LS 240GB SATA III (2 of them)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W Full Modular

What I want (or need) to do is I want to make this a water cooled system. What are the guidelines, if any, that I have to follow to set it all up correctly? What types of tubing are there out there, and which would you say is good, but fairly easy to install for a beginner modder? Are there Different types of liquids that keep the system cooler and last longer?

Any other tips or pointers you all have for me, either based on what differences I should make to the hardware or if there are better parts for around the price that I am looking at, and any other advice on things I could do to make this the beast that I would love to see it become, all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Jpinkston135; 04-29-2015 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Updated Parts list

Hi Justin, since you are just getting started with watercooling here are some guidelines to follows
    -Its your first build stay away from the more advanced tubing methods (hardline, copper etc) stick with flexible tubing for now.

-NO KILL COILS- I cant stress this enough as kill coils react negatively with nickel and cause rust

-Prep your system- I highly recommend using Mayhem Blitz Kit Pro to clean your radiators and get rid of all the junk left inside them by the manufacturing process

-Stay far away from Aluminum components for your loop- really the only manufacture that uses an aluminum core is Thermaltake, although it is coated I still am concerned about a break in the coating that may result in flux which will ruin your parts.

-As far as liquid goes most people use Mayhems, Primochill or EK coolants which depending on which one you choose, will contain microbial's to keep your loop contaminate free

-General rule of thumb is one 120mm worth of space for each hot component. Example GPU+CPU loop would need 240mm worth of radiator space minimum.

If you are looking for a friendly kit to start out with to learn on that is expandable I highly recommend the swiftechs 220 kit at around 150 US dollars and the fact that its expandable you can't really beat it.

Thread Information