Thread: Compatible RAM for my new mo/bo.

sheriff12

Compatible RAM for my new mo/bo.

I recently ordered a Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 mo/bo. I am having a difficult time finding a list of the recommended RAM modules This particular mo/bo supports 64GB's of RAM. I have been told to buy all the modules in a 64GB kit so that they will work together properly. The mo/bo has 8 DIMM slots which apparently means I need a kit with 8x8 GB sticks. I tried to find a list on the Gigabyte web site but, they don't even list a 64GB kit. One friend told me that there is a 64GB kit by Kingston. It is called the HYPERX FURY SERIES 64GB PC4-17000 QUAD CHANNEL DDR4 KIT. Does anyone know if this kit will be compatible with the Gigabyte mo/bo? Any and all information on this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

James, the easiest way I've found so far to find compatible ram is to find the model of keyboard I'm interested in on Newegg.com and read the specs section. It will list all compatible ram for your board. Then you can even shop for the ram you need right there. Or take that info and buy it elsewhere. Either way, it's a great source of info. Good luck!

sheriff12
    What could the keyboard possibly have to do with the RAM?

Sorry about that, was doing too many things at once. I said keyboard, but I meant to say motherboard.

A few specs for your motherboard and memory (ram) can be found here....just click the "specifications" tab about half-way down.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128751

And here are a few different choices of ram in the 64gb flavors!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...=-1&isNodeId=1

Again......good luck!

sheriff12

Mixing RAM from different bundles.

I already know what RAM to use. I have installed 16 GB's. The reason I asked the question in the first place is a lot of people say that you should purchase all the RAM your MO/BO can handle at one time. They say that even though you buy the exact same RAM by the same manufacturer it may not adapt if, you don't buy it as a bundle. My MO/BO is a Gigabyte X99-UD4, which can handle up to 64 GB's. I can't afford nor need more at the present time. But, If I do add more and buy the exact same RAM from the same manufacturer, can there be a problem? I know from common sense that there shouldn't be. But, like I said some people insist there could be issues. Thanks for your input!

Thread Information