Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stargate SG1

Stargate SG1

ok, anyone here like Stargate SG1? (TV show, much better than the film IMHO)

i was thinking of doing a stargate theme for my PC case. i want to make a model of the stargate to put on my side panel, with a window in the place of the event horizon. for those of you who havent seen Stargate, heres what im talking about:

(sorry, but its the best picture i could find)

so, do you think this is a good idea (i do, i just dont know if i can do it), and does anyone have a clue how i could make a model of the stargate? do you think i should just make it from acrylic circles glued together and sanded? if so i need some acrylic. i could make it out of wood, but then it wont have the type of finish im looking for. ive looked at buying a replica, but theyre too expensive, and i was also hoping to have a movable inner ring, lights and a moving top chevron.

so, any suggestions anyone?

Happy Modding!

Clear Coat

Stargate SG1

Greaat idea, even better show, but suggestions? give me some time i have to think about that one.

Wet Sanded

Stargate SG1

The idea behind the stargate is that it's small as hellllllllllllllllll. Good luck finding a place to put the pc. I would recommend either a full scale model, or using a VIA pc thingy or go mini-itx.

Love the idea though.

OOO brainstorm! make the front the stargate, and make the back the water like whoosh (if you watch the show you'll know what I mean).. If you don't know what I mean -- when people/objects go into the stargate, the fancy digital water crap in the middle shoots out the back, but hovers in mid-air, never breaking off. It's a really cool effect.. would need a lot of magic sculp.

Stargate SG1

Personally I don't like exact model theme cases. I've had the same idea as you for a long time but I've been stuck on a few other projects lately. I would suggest using the standard side pale as one side of the pc, the other Mobo side do the same. Or on the front you could model the front drive as the event horizon and as it comes out.

Stargate SG1

that'd be kewl to make a stargate model or etch around all your fans, and have the gate symbols nicly placed on your case.

then if your a fan of the series you can put some ancient text on there maybe?
    heres a quick run through of their enemies if you wann ainclude any of them,
    Go'uld
    Replicators
    Lucian Alliance
    Ori
    Wraith - Stargate Atlantis

mixing some Ori symbols could be promising, though a wraith themed case would look sweet too, lol.

i'm definatly into this idea, it sounds awesome.

Stargate SG1

Thanks for all the comments so far!

SplitLip: do you mean the vortex created before the wormhole stabilises when they first dial? it ould be cool to make a case liek that, but i just want a normal PC case with the stargate theme for my first full case mod

faceless105:
    Who are the lucien alliance? ive never seen the latest episodes (not since the Ori first appeared, as sky1 just played old episodes again after the first few episodes with the new team in it). also, good idea about the gate around a fan. now im thinking of etching the earth symbol into the side panel, and having a gate model around a 120mm fan in the front of the case, maybe with the fins painted blue or silver for the event horizon/iris.

im going to go and look in the garage to see if i can make a rough model of the stargate before i take this any further, i just want to see how hard it is to geth the circle and add detail.

Happy Modding!

Clear Coat

Stargate SG1

you could probaby do something with the Atlantis style gates... flashing lights instead of moving wheel

Stargate SG1

I was thinking fo that, but i dont really like the look of the atlantis gate. also, the moving inner wheel is cool! altho if i do this the gate model probably wont have a moving inner wheel. i would like to use a wooden template to make a latex mould, then cast the real model in resin, but i dont have a clue of how to go about it. anyway, making a wooden ring is hard work, and im taking a break by downloading sketchup (free version) and in gonna have a play around with a few ideas to see what the best way of going about it is

Happy Modding!

Stargate SG1

the lucian alliance if pretty much a group of theives, and overall bad people (but not the most sucessfull), that picked up some power once the go'oul were pretty much gone. hmmm to compare them to real life.... they're kinda like a bicycle cop. sure they may mean business, but no ones ever gonna take them seriously.

Stargate SG1

that'd be kewl to make a stargate model or etch around all your fans, and have the gate symbols nicly placed on your case.
    i like the idea of building a gate round the fans. i think it'd be cool if u get a big 120mm fan. either uv active or with leds, then, if u have the patience, cut the gate symbols out of the case and backlight. then just etch the shape of the segments around it.

i think if u did the atlantis gate it would look pretty gd with a greeny blue backlight. will be easier too as u'd jst need to drill holes.

j's thought this a gd time to mention the my XPS laptop is the same one sam uses in the new ssn

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information