Hello guys and welcome to my BuildLog!
At first I want to thank Aquatuning
for supporting me in this project.
Second I want to introduce myself. My name is Jan, i am 28 years old and i'm a IT specialist from Bamberg, Germany. I am modding my rigs now for many years, in the beginning with just simple things like illumation or some coloring. It went on to "the real thing" with sleeving cables by myself and "modding" my cases.
My last project was a "Lian Li PC-V359WX" (Caution: German Forum! ) but shortly after starting the project i realised that pre-built cases are not to my satisfaction anymore i decided to build my own case. And that is what i want to introduce in this thread.
Since the work on the homebuild case has already made some progress i will start the thread with a short summary of what has happened until now. I will then update the thread while the work progresses...
In the beginning there was the "masterplan", created with SketchUp. Really a nice tool for such things.
The box will later be integrated in my existing desk which currently has the following setup.
Then i bought some material and did some woodworking. I have also created some videos of the woodworks that can be viewed on my YouTube-Channel!
After assembling the case the chamber in the front has been laminated with chrome red foil.
Then the hardware was moved into the case for the first time to test the current progress.
I then ordered the acrylic glass for the illuminated base and back. After it arrived I fitted it in the build.
So that's how the project looks today. Like already mentioned I will update the thread with every step that will follow in the next days and weeks.
Constructive criticism or suggestions always welcome!
P.S.: Original BuildLog with bigger pics and complete history can be viewed HERE (Caution #2: German Forum! ).