Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rules

The Rules

GIGABYTE is hosting a mod contest to celebrate its 30th Anniversary with huge prizes!
    The first stage has begun with a concept phase, submit your ideas for a mod here before June 27th to win ONE of THREE Build Kits including a GIGABYTE X99P-SLI, a GTX 960, and an EKWB Cooling Kit to bring into the second build stage. The Grand Prize winner at the end will receive a free trip to CES in Las Vegas with a friend and additional prizes. There will be prizes and giveaways totaling more than $7,000 to hand out. To learn more and register please visit http://event.gigabyte.us/mod2win.

Here are some talking points on the contest.
    - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will have their final mod showcased at GIGABYTE’s CES suite
    - 1st place will receive all travel expense paid trip to Las Vegas during CES with a friend.
    - Giveaways will take place for the public throughout the contest with special “sponsor weeks” to honor those who support us.
    - Final concept submission on June 27th, 2016 (EOD)

- Final Contest mod submission takes place on November 14th, 2016 (EOD)
    - Newegg’s Fan favorite will open after Final winners are announced. Final winners will not be included in the Fan Favorite

Submit your build by November 15, 2016 to be entered to WIN an all expense paid flight and lodging for you and a friend toCES 2017 on January 5 - 8, 2017 plus $1,000 in cash and prizes. Second and Third place prizes are also up for grabs. Rules and restrictions apply. See Mod Rules for details.

To help you get started, submit a concept design on how you would design your dream build by June 27, 2016 to be entered to WIN 1 of 3 Build Kits that include a GIGABYTE motherboard, graphics card, and an EK waterblock! Submit hand drawn and/or CAD files. Terms and conditions apply.

We will be giving away prizes and swag exclusively to those of you who sign up throughout the duration of the mod challenge. So sign up, Get building, and you could be the one who WINs the trip of a lifetime!

At the end of the contest, we want to know who you think built the best of the best mod. We’re giving you the chance to decide who WINs our Fan Favorite Build presented by Newegg. Cast your vote and you could also WIN exclusive swag and prizes.

• Create a Modders Inc. account to start your work log.
    • Register here with your Modders Inc. work log and personal information.
    • Building your Mod and updating it on your Modders Inc. work log.
    • Complete your GIGABYTE Profile to make sure you join the contest!

Build to your heart’s content! We are opening all creative channels to see what you come up with.

Feel free to let your imagination run wild but your Mod must use both GIGABYTE Motherboards, GIGABYTE Graphic Cards, and must also include a Liquid Cooling element.

Mods can incorporate one of the following build themes for additional points (optional but preferred):
    • GIGABYTE 30th Anniversary
    • BLUE color

Signing up
    Registration is opened from May 25 – November 15, 2016 11:59pm PST.
    Concept submission for Build Kit deadline is June 27, 2016 11:59pm PST.
    Final Mod2Win submission deadline is November 15, 2016 11:59pm PST.
    To sign up:
    • Create a Modders Inc. account to start your work log.*
    • Complete the GIGABYTE Mod2Win registration form.
    • Post an introductory Worklog Thread on your Modders Inc. profile.

If your mod is completed or in progress, please refer to Qualification for eligibility.
    *To qualify to win, modders must upload and submit their Modders Inc. worklog thread link to their GIGABYTE Mod2Win Profile.
    *Winners agree to pack and ship their winning mod to CES 2017 in LAS VEGAS, NV. Freight charges will be charged and paid for by GIGABYTE Inc.

Feel free to leave us any questions, comments, or concerns!

Best regards,
    Last edited by Dewayne; 06-13-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty #moddersinc @moddersinc

Big thumbs up to Modders-Inc for being part of this challenge! I hope we see a good showing in participants.
    Modders Unite!
    Main Rig CPU:A10-5800k|Mobo:FM2-A75MA-E35|RAM:ADATA 2GB&PNY 8GB|HDD:Corsair force120|PSU:Corsair TX650W|GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX670|Corsair H60|Case:Thermaltake Shark|Win10
    File Server CPU:Phenom II X4 945 3.0Ghz|Mobo:Asus M5A88-V EVO|RAM:ADATA 6GB|HDD: WD3200&WD800&Hitachi Desktar160GB|PSU:Raidmax530W|Xigmatek Loki|Case:XCLIOA380BK|Ubuntu
    The Sheild CPU:Athlon II 220 2.8Ghz|Mobo:GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H|RAM:CORSAIR XMS 2x2GB&SAMSUNG 2x4GB|HDD:WD600|PFSense2.3

This is going to be fun.

Agree, this will be challenging yet fun!

This is the first time that I have had to submit a design proposal prior to any work being done. I normally 'adjust' the design as the mod progresses as new inspiration may present itself.

Well the idea is to show some sort of concept, which means you have given it some thought and would be willing to finish the project :-)

Plus it is pretty cool to see all the different ideas and creativity people have. Good luck to everyone!
    Cut it, Paint it, Mod it. Void Your Warranty #moddersinc @moddersinc

I'm warming up my crayons err colored pencils right now.

Well... am in... I need this type of challenge in my life... and I think I got my mojo back... Thank you guys for keeping modding alive for generations to come... Thank you Modders Inc. Can not recover my old password so I log int with my fb account...

When will they announce the build kit winners?

Quote Originally Posted by NavyChief View Post
    When will they announce the build kit winners?
    Ditto.

I'm a bit confused as well. Gigabyte has an event calendar on their page, but I'm not sure where those events are being announced. I noticed is says there was a "Giveaway / Promotion" scheduled for June 27, though I never saw an announcement anywhere.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information