Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need some opinions on a template

need some opinions on a template

ok my first layout is one that was done by some ppl on another forum, here it is...

- i'm leaning towards this one but i'm wondering if i should scale it down because it may be too flashy.

this is what that template was based off of. i was aiming for something fairly simple in it's design, and this is why i'm wondering if i should scale the other down a little.

- this is essentially about the same as the first one, navigation wise.

and then theres my current layout at http://fusionmods.net. it works but i'm not to thrilled over it. i made this template over 2 years ago and i made the site this summer. so the images feel 2 years old to me, even though the site's brand new.

so tell me which one do you like the best, the first template, second, or my origional?

and if you dont like any then tell me what you think would look good, or if you almost like onel tell me what you think would make it look better.

dude, design me one

yeah as for the first one, i was planning ot use it origionally, i just wanted some opinions first.

i plan to move the nav buttons (forum, news, and supplies) to the top and display them horizontally, just like in the second template. i want to do seomthing to make it a bit less flashy. i'm just not sure what yet. I also wanna get rid of the framing, i dont know why but i'm really not agreeing with it.

Wet Sanded

It's not too flashy at all, I like the first a lot... The blue on there right now made me not want to read anything on the site btw.. no offense.

the original is ok but lil harder to navigate the second one reaches out a grabs ya ....

Wet Sanded

Yeah, btw.. what i've noticed with a lot of modding sites.. wait until you have a solid member base to do random mods.. My first post on ultramodz.com warrented a mod of the month..

The first one, but I wonder what it would look like with the seconds header pic.

First one

this weekend i'll hopefully tweak the first one just right and code it up into my site. and split lip, i know what your talkin about on the random mods thing. funny enough though, that idea was the basis for my site origionally. i wanted to create a case vote so ppl could not only show off their mods, but have some clout behind it to really enforce some bragging rights, lol. i added the random vote thing to assure that all cases got some exposure.

but as of this moment i think i still have under 20 cases posted, lol. theres more if you count the forum, but under case vote theres under 20 still.

but this weekend i should have the new layout done. the forum is also improving as well. it was stupid of me to decide to code my own but i wanted this site to be all my own creation, and as time goes on i could one day rival even vBulliten, lol but thats a long ways from now.

I will try to get my Lexan case and the Quake Wars Back pack up there this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information