Thread: 901 Build by clueless

901 Build by clueless

hi guys,

as you can see im very new here but im currently working on my personal (future) rig and thought some second opinions might be helpful.

so the basic idea was to get the most watercooling out of a tiny case. im not that performance hungry i just want silence.

so i started with a IN WIN 901 which i have completely stripped off it innerts and fitted a Alphacool Monsta 360 in there.
    i had to cut the case a little but for the most part it just fits perfectly now as you can see on my first pictures.

next thing ill prepair the side panels. i got 2mm plexi panel for that since the beautiful tempered glass panels that cam with the case have that corner cut-out i dont want anymore. so yeah thats were i am at right now im going to cut 3 holes for the fans to breath and finish smoothing out the cut edges of the plexi.

as a general idea of where im going let me say that im gonna put in a itx board and single gpu (couldve probably fit sli/cf but not worth the hassle). also im planning on making myself on of those fancy "display sidepanels" i saw at CES or some convention recently.

if you have any thought or interest in general in my build feel free to let me know or ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images           

soo i have started to cut the panels but putting on the dark tint film didnt go so well (got a lot of air bubbles) so im gonna to redo that
    also my 15,6" display arrived now i only have to wait until end of month for shipping of the controller for it from china
    im gonna post pics when i get home tomorrow

so cutting the edges is done but i somehow cant seem to fit the dark tint right im always getting air bubbles like the kind you cant strike out

ok now i think i may be the foil that is just not perfect. from a far it seems fine but at any closer distance it quickly looks like this. im outta ideas here guys

sooo the redo worked and now the side panel needs to dry up and then im gonna refine my cuts a bit here and there and then ill get the rubber isolation tape on there and think about where to mount the mounting mechanism

soo the display is here and a quick test fit looks its gonna fit. gonna be a tight fit but fit non the less

good news the controller for the dispay is already here it looks like so hopefully i can test it tonight when i get home

sooo the display actually works.hurray. installing synergy on my raspberry right now . will make it transparent tommorrow.

sorry for the long break but i messed up the sidepanel and will have to redo it and also my screen died so a new is coming in next week.

Thread Information