Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I dont know what graphics card to get!

HELP! I dont know what graphics card to get!

Hi im very new to computer building, and i know alot about computers (from my brother), BUT i know nothing about graphics cards. Can someone explain what all the specs are, and whats good and whats not,

Thanks for your help

Get a Geforce 6800...thats a real good card

Wet Sanded

Aww, that's not very nice.

Firstly, welcome to MI. Glad to have you here.

For some detailed information about this, check this : http://www.pcguide.com/ref/video/index.htm

Hope this helps.

Yes welcome to MI.

First off we need to know 2 things. What kind of system you are running or planning to run and what you plan to do with this system? Are you going to be gaming hardcore with this or just surfing and occasional gaming?

Once we know that we can give opinions on what card or cards would be best for you.

sorry about my earlyer post i went to find more info on video cards for you and my power cut off....ill look for some info for you now...and Welcome to MI

Master Modder

Welcome sparky_killer. The 6800 is a good card but some manufactures are having trouble keeping stocked I have found out. Come Nov. nVidia will be coming out with yet another generation of graphic cards so that means the others will drop in price, hopefully. Also besides needing to know what your plans are about how your going to use the puter, knowing what kind of price tag you are willing to spend will help also. Happy Modding to ya.

if memory serves me right, hes looking for a card to do quite a bit of gaming, but not necessary hardcore full setting type gaming, and hes looking to spend around £100 or less. hes not too bothered about PCI-e or AGP as he hasnt decided on a motherboard, SLI/crossfire would be nice, but definately not needed and he has a bro on this site. guess who

that correct?

Master Modder

I got my card from Newegg.com for $120 with a $40.00 rebate, so the price was right. It's a PCI-E with 256mb of memory made by eVGA. It's a 6800XT and I'm quite pleased with the way it plays. I usually play CoD2 and I went from a Radeon 9500 to the 6800XT and saw quite a difference on my screens. I use 2-17" CRT monitors. I use a Biostar N4SLI-A9 mobo which will have the second card for my SLI setup before Christmas, I hope. Good Luck.

6800 series is a good preformer considering the price. my 6800xt runs doom 3 on ultra high settings at 60fps... not sure if thats normal 8O but i ain't complaining.

If you got 200$ us i go with the x1900gt if you only have 150 i go with the 7600gt if you on the Agp the 6800xt or a 7600gt / gs be a good choice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information