Thread: Voyager 3.5 inch Dual Fan Hard Drive Cooler

Voyager 3.5 inch Dual Fan Hard Drive Cooler

One area of the computer that rarely gets the attention that it deserves is the hard drives. With the size of hard drives increasing as time goes buy, the importance of cooling the massive drives becomes more important. With the increased size of hard drives, it also brings higher RPM(s) and higher operating temperatures with it. Cooling your hard drive will prolong the life of the drive. Today we are going to take a look at the Vizo Voyager 3.5" dual fan hard drive cooler.

Read the full review here.

again another great review from you. You are a machine. I can't really see a reason to have one of these if you have a case with decent airflow. But if you modify or make ground up cases like myself and often have hardware shoved into odd places this might come in handy. Sucks that it is oversized though. Shouldn't have to file it to fit. Thats just not good.

Loving the new background on your graphs too. Gonna have to show me how you did that.

again another great review from you. You are a machine. I can't really see a reason to have one of these if you have a case with decent airflow. But if you modify or make ground up cases like myself and often have hardware shoved into odd places this might come in handy. Sucks that it is oversized though. Shouldn't have to file it to fit. Thats just not good.

Loving the new background on your graphs too. Gonna have to show me how you did that.
    Thanks man. Honestly even with a case with decent air flow the hdds are normally blocked off to an extent. I think the additional cooling will make a difference. I agree on the modified setups, tucking things out of site always has its price. This is the 3rd setup for hdd cooling I have done on this specific case and so far its by far the best.

On the oversized side of it, they should fit in most newer cases with no problems. It really depends on the style of mounting used for the hard drives. VIZO is in fact looking into it and will hopefully address the issue so they can be utilized in more cases.

I forgot to ask and I don't remember if you review went into it to much. How loud are those? I know it said only l ike 25db but you have them sitting right on the top of your case. Thats 4 fans right there in your face.

Well they do produce a minimal amount of whine do to the dBs and the mesh. Although on my rig they are not to loud, my rig actually sits higher than me. The CPU is just about ear high when I am sitting here. So most of its above me. I hear my 3 120mm fans over it.

Wet Sanded

Good review, but how much of a difference is 12C to a hdd? I personally can't imagine too many hdd overheating problems.

Its like with everything else in the computer, heat is never a friend. I am sure if you could do the testing a 12 degree cooler hdd will last longer. I've seen many a hard drive pretty hot.

Wet Sanded

I understand the difference change, but if my $90 hdd is going to last 6 more months for $50, it's not worth it to me if that's the only effect. I notice that this is ~$25 though, and that sounds a lot more reasonable to me.

Thread Information