Thread: Orbiter Single Fan 3.5inch HDD Cooler

Orbiter Single Fan 3.5inch HDD Cooler

Today we are going to take a look at another hard drive cooling solution from VIZO. The VIZO Orbiter is a single fan 3.5inch hard drive cooler. The Orbiter uses a larger 60mm fan that also produces more CFM's when compared to the dual fan Voyager cooler. So let's see how it performs.

Read the full review here.

Nice review . Odd that both this and the dual fan cooler would hang over just a bit. I don't exactly see the point for LEDs on it, seeing as you can't really see hard drives in most cases. However, I don't understand the point for the windows on those Raptor hard drives either :P. Nice results though, I think my HDD is doing fine with a 120mm fan blowing on it.

nice review :twisted: how was the sound coming from the fan itself ? i dont really care but others may . i like the look and how simple it is . simple but effective ...

The sound on this cooler is minimal actually, It produces less noise than its dual fan counter part by the same company. My conclusion on that is the fact that the single fan is not obstructed with the mesh cause slight restrictions on the airflow.

Had the cooler sitting out of the case for several hours running and definitely hear the other system fans over this one.

Wet Sanded

Can you hook it up to a fan controller??

Good review again; I like how much stuff you have available to test things like this on (i.e. four cases to try this in)..

Thanks

They utilize standard molex power connections. I am sure they will work providing you can connect them (3 pin adapter if needed). I have 4 computers here in the house that are on just about every day, soon to add the 5th. There are times that I have 2 of them down for reviews. Right now I have both my main rig and my server down just to do one review (argh).

For these two coolers tho, as soon as I seen the width could pose a problem I wanted to check it against everything I had to see if the problem was going to affect more than just my setup. I had no intention of mounting the coolers in stock locations but still wanted to cover the problem.

Thread Information