Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

Logitech G11 Gaming Keyboard

As always Logitech does everything with style and for a reasons. The Logitech G11 is the newest gaming keyboard from Logitech and it is no exception to their rule. The color scheme is perfect, key layout is dead on and the "G" Series keys on the board will be just what gamers will want.

Read the review here...

So they only real difference in this thing than the G15 is the LCD then? Did they have a spot on the PCB inside for the LCD still. I couldn't tell from your pic. Would be funny if they did.

You couldn't record G key functions on the fly you say?

It looks like they just redid the outer ring to hide the hinge points from the G15. I am not sure what the G15 looks like inside, but here is a larger pic of the pcb area. They prop used the same board but just blocked off the stuff for the LCD.

Yes I could program the G keys on the fly. I tried to see if it would record mouse clicks along with keystrokes on the desktop, but no go.

Wet Sanded

Yes I could program the G keys on the fly. I tried to see if it would record mouse clicks along with keystrokes on the desktop, but no go.
    Yeah, doesn't do it on the G15 either.. If you want MAYBE I'll take apart my G15.. For the betterment of science and evaluating the cheapness of logitech.

It appears to be the same. That little strip of solder points above the left buttons by the volume know is where the LCD connects. So it is essentually the same PCB. interesting.

Wet Sanded

I don't really get this.. The pcb is the same, the g11 still has the formed indent where the lcd goes, and it's only $5 less.. Is it availability that they rely on? Or are they just Bleeping Bleep?

It can be had for much cheaper than the G15 but you have to look.

I guess I kinda get it. The LCD isn't "really" all that useful. I mean I use it but not really so much "In Game". So I can see how a purist wouldn't want it. It is really just bling.

The G keys can be quite useful if you really utilize them. Especially if you play a lot of RPG's. However I don't so I rarely use em. Except in Fear I encoded them to do the Multi-Key Kung Fu moves.

Wet Sanded

OO have you played the new patch? I haven't gotten a chance.. Oh, and I programmed them to do the same thing, the low kung-fu joint and the jump kung-fu joint.. and the g5 button is grenade, but I switch it for melee servers

As for it being bling, You're beyond right, but it's the techiest styled bling available! I mean, going by that assumption, a second monitor or a 5" screen on the tower is too much bling. It's not like it doesn't sexily stealth right away when you don't want it.

Don't get me wrong. I love bling when it's tasefully done. I like the way this LCD looks I just have to admit it's not so great for much. The same could be said for a 5" LCD on the front of a PC. Tastefully done they look great. I can't think of one reason to have one tho. Doesn't stop me from wanting one however.

I saw somewhere that these keyboards were coming out with more LED colors. That will be cool. especially if they color change like the saitek ones.

dont like the keyboad, as the description seemed to give it away purely for a wow keyboard, and the way its set up, you can see its set up for purely wow or a MMORPG.

Other than that, i have always liked their style, and it seems to look alot like the g15 keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information