Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Antec P180B

Antec P180B

The P180 is truly a revolutionary breakthrough in case design. Dual chambers isolate the power supply and CPU into separate cooling zones with up to 5 configurable fans. Three-layer sound-deadening panels dampen noise even in very high-performance systems. Ease-of-use, sleek design and Antec's reputation for quality make the P180 worthy of being the first in a new category we call the Advanced Super Mid Tower.

Read the full review here.

Antec P180B

I love this case. I hate this case. What more can I say. :twisted:

Antec P180B

LOL where have I heard that before .

Wet Sanded

Antec P180B

You write too many reviews to read! The price is steep, I must say, but is akin to all other top of the line ones.

Antec P180B

You write too many reviews to read!
    I wish he would write more, lol I have to work hard to keep the back log under control.

Master Modder

Antec P180B

You write too many reviews to read! The price is steep, I must say, but is akin to all other top of the line ones.
    Some times I feel that you don't like reading. Unless it's 10 lines or less.

Antec P180B

I own one of these cases and have loved it. Not sure how Shelldog broke his door pieces. I have had this thing for over a month now and with CARE and not man handle the thing, I dont see how you could break them. Must be the difference between spending your hard earned money on something and being given it. I take care when opening and closing my case, all of my cases.

As far as the space for a PSU, I bought an Antec True power 480 almost a year before I bought this case and still use it. It fits perfectly in the case and my power cords havent and dont hit the fan, its a matter of wire management. Again taking care not to break things.

OHHHHH and the fan in the lower bay. You didnt understand why they put it there? It is so you cant hear it. Its a known issue with fans, that if you dont place them right against the outside of the case they are less audible. THen you might ask why they placed the top and rear fans against the outside, cause they are not at the front of the case. You dont hear them as much. That is why it is placed in the center and not on the front.

Speaking of fans, you show a 120mm fan mounted at the front of the top HDD cage. Unless you purchased that seperately or it was added by Antec for the review, they dont come with that fan. And again you have added more noise then the case would have stock, by mounting one at the front side.

As for the price, I think its a good deal considering those that will buy it for looks and lack of noise. And considering the options for a stylish, dead quiet, cool interior case, I couldnt have asked for anything more really out of this case. It has fit the bill just right in my eyes.

One last thing, if you must really have a side window and dont want to mod it yourself, Performance-PC makes side windows for this case specifically
    http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=162&product s_id=4623

Just my two cents.

Antec P180B

LOL Sheldog you man handler .

It doesn't matter if he paid for the case or not, his opinion is going to be the same. Shel puts a lot of time and dedication it his works of art. I would seriously doubt that he would man handle the case. Plastic is plastic and it breaks, everyone knows this. This could have easily been weakened during shipment, or it could have been a problem from when it was molded.

Antec P180B

Ya, I took great care with it not to damage it because I like the looks of it. It just...broke. Happens sometimes. The plastic is very soft and gooey and I know it's for better sound dampening but it also makes it more prone to damage.

Your PSU is still too small to really have any problems with this case. I'm talking about the large 580, 600 + PSU's that are out now for larger Xfire and SLI setups. My PCP&C wouldn't fit in there.

As for the fans I understand what they were trying to do I just didn't like it. That's OK though if you do. It's all a matter of opinion. I don't believe I said the silver fan came stock with it, I'm sorry if you got that impression. My goal was to show you how the case could be stock modified and added too. As we are a modding site and most people here like to tinker with their cases.

I still think the price is steep, especially with the window. Again all my opinion, which is my no means the only one or the right one. Just one.

I appreciate your criticism of the review and your input. I know there will be others who are on the fence about the case and you post will give them something else to chew on. It's all good, hope you stick around to make more good post.

Wet Sanded

Antec P180B

Wow shel, you really invoked a response out of him for his first post!
    Welcome to MI sgtseth.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information