Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SteelPad QcK heavy

SteelPad QcK heavy

When it comes to buying your computer components, making the right decision is becoming increasingly harder. Just about any component has a slue of options to choose from. Mouse pads are no different; there are literally tons of styles, designs, materials, and types to choose from. Today we are going to take a look at one of the popular choices out there, the SteelSeries SteelPad QcK heavy.

Read the full review here.

SteelPad QcK heavy

Great review Tazz. I still don't know about the cloth like substance. Send me one so I can decide. :P

SteelPad QcK heavy

Its already boxed and should go out this weekend I hope.

SteelPad QcK heavy

Dude, you rock.

Wet Sanded

SteelPad QcK heavy

Great review, 1/4" thick is HUGE.

I also noticed you say:
    17.7 x 15.7 x 0.23 in
    and then:
    (17,7 x 15,7in) - thickness 6mm (0,23in)

So now I can't tell where you live. But, since I knew from before, it's not a big deal.

In cons I would definitely put the choppiness (thanks to FF2 for correcting my spelling) in there, since so many people are using the high dpi G5 and G7.

SteelPad QcK heavy

The sizes, one is copied from their site the other is mine, which is why there was the dif, I will modify it to show the same.

The choppiness is something that I am not 100% sure of at this time.

I have two different brands of pads of that style both of which I noticed that on. Once I had my settings to their normal I didn't notice it. This only occurred in one game out of four, and with one mouse out of three. I am constantly tearing this down for reviews which could be part of my problem, I got drivers in this for everything and rarely ever clean them totally out. So with that I honestly don't feel the pad is the reason.

Wet Sanded

SteelPad QcK heavy

If you pick a G5 or G7 up about a half inch above the surface of whatever (its a wooden table for me), the cursor jumps like a mad man. Is that the same choppiness you're talking about, or is it closer to just jumping around.

SteelPad QcK heavy

No, what I seen is like brief interruptions in the movement. Kind of looked like I was moving in a super fine jagged pattern.

SteelPad QcK heavy

Bought the heavy as soon as it was released on SteelSeries. I once used the good old Allsop and i've never tried any other pad that could match it. The heavy resembles it a lot though and it's a pretty good replacement!

Love that soft squishy feel, and the size is a big plus too. Btw, the damp cloth trick does it for me. Just do it like once every second week.

SteelPad QcK heavy

Tazz sent me this one after he was finished with it (Thanks bud) I have to say I was a bit skeptical of a cloth mousepad but I knew I wanted something big. This thing thing is freaking huge and to be honest has really surprised me how great it works. I think I'm set for a while but I'd still like to try out some others just because I'm a curious bloke. This definitely beats my Ratzpad all to hell thats for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information