Thread: New fan spot?

Wet Sanded

New fan spot?

I have the nemesis elite case as the basis for the Mercury Smear mod, and I made a custom window panel, and I don't want a 120mm fan on the side panel anymore, but I do want it in general, as it is a big fan and helps cooling a lot. It also can't fit on the top panel, since I have a motor, a spinal cord, a relay board, and possibly an LCD going there.

Basically, I need a new spot. Suggestions?
    Oh, and this IS a (mid-range :P) gaming rig, so no room on the side of the video card.
    Dimensions are 4.5x4.5x1"

Thanks in advance.

New fan spot?

Bottom of the case?

Wet Sanded

New fan spot?

Does that actually look good and help airflow? Also, would four red leds be too hot for the celophane there?

Inside or outside?

New fan spot?

LED's don't get very hot, but not sure at what point cellophane would melt/distort at.

Mounting it in the bottom of the case will allow air to flow in/out of the case. I ran two 80MM intake fans on the bottom of my Twisted. Providing your case isn't to close to what it sits on (has decent sized feet) to allow air to move under the case. If its going to sit on carpet then the height of the feet are important. If its on a desk them a inch or so should be no problem.

Wet Sanded

New fan spot?

Then cross that out.. It's on a desk with 1/4" feet. Thanks though.

Master Modder

New fan spot?

If you go to http://www.dragonmodz.net/ and check out their Dragon Claws, which they have 2 sizes, they make good feet at a reasonable price of less than $5.00 USD. I use a set for feet on Red Lantern.

Wet Sanded

New fan spot?

Heh, no thanks, I already modded the feet on my case to an extent, and those don't fit the description. C'mon we're modders, we don't buy things to change the case when there's a problem, we pull out tools and scraps and make it how it should be!

Clear Coat

New fan spot?

If you have some spare drive bays, you can fit a 120mm into a 3 bay slot, giving a pretty good intake. If i remember yuor case right, you might have to mad some mesh into the front door panel (if it has one), but it looks cool if you can make a good cover for it. Alternatively to the mesh on the front, you can use the door to channel air from the bottom of the door where there is a gap to the fan in the drive bays...

Both of the above are options based on my assumptions on the case i think you have. Check at your own risk

New fan spot?

I have no idea what you intend your mod to look like but maybe make some tubes that run up the side of the case with the mobo tray (in between the mobo and the drive cages) and make them look like some sexy exhaust pipes and mount your fans like that! Or go with putting them in the bottom of the case but mount it on the inside and just get a couple guards for it so nothing gets caught in there.

Thread Information