Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new material! but no clue for what to use....

new material! but no clue for what to use....

hi folks,

i could need your help! I have developed a new soft PVC material which is very flexible and could be colored in every color.....the real clue is....that the color can change if you put on UV Light.......here for example some pictures with Red Material (Daylight) which glows blue under UV.

I can do this in nearly every combination which is thinkable......but at the moment i have no good ideas for what to use...... i think it can be a very cool mousepad but what else ???

Another question is....do you like this combination? because i think i could develop some type of Plexiglass with the same effect which can be used for window cutouts etc......

Wet Sanded

WOW! Any combination??? I would love to buy some!

I was personally thinking about using some pvc for a wind tunnel to route a fan's output to a more conveniant place.. Maybe that would help.

I tell ya, I don't like the red/blue, but man that is goregous!

Hmm.. Other options would be custom cases for everything, with a uv led in it, maybe an acrylic case that would light up the room, even a lamp! Make a crazy shape out of a red/yellow mix, with a uv ccfl in it - turn it on and the yellow illuminates a dark room! And then when you're not happy with the shape, change it, it's soft!

I don't know how new you are to MI, but welcome anyway. I hope you get a patent on that, because it is AWESOME.

How flexible is it? Is it gooey or floppy like a mousepad is? Will it keep a shape like if You lay it flat will it stay flat?

How flexible is it? Is it gooey or floppy like a mousepad is? Will it keep a shape like if You lay it flat will it stay flat?
    It´s very flexible, like you can see on the first pictures its bended to a tube the whole piece of the red material is about 2m long, i don´t know what you mean with gooey or floppy, but i think what you like to know is if a mouse will glide on it and the answer is yes but the surface is to clear at the moment so that it wouldn´t reflect correctly.....it can keep it´s shape theres no problem, but it will still be flexible so that you can deform it very easy (but i will make some other versions which are not so flexible and can easy be used to create more solid shapes and windows)

here are some more possible color combinations....this time as a string......

Master Modder

wow that stuff is well cool! lol ive never seen anything like that maybe it can be used as a wire sling?? and as for the flat bits maybe on the inside of the case and layed down at the bottom so when it is of it is say a clear colour and when it comes on it looks a different colour?

Holy crap! That's insane. That is one of the coolest things I've seen in awhile.

thats awesome!!! I'm thinking that would make for some sweet sleeving.

a window would be awesome for that stuff

Master Modder

ive just gotta ask stupid it may be but if im correct did you make that stuff? correct me if im wrong...

Looks awesome . Try developing that into wire mesh or even water cooling tubes. You may be able to sell the idea to some of the higher up companies if that's what your interested in. Good luck on further developments, it looks really nice!

yeah if you can get it in to tubes solid or split loom it would make great sleeves or WC tube, or a rigid type for windows. What about thickness, how thin can you make it? or case floor covers would be cool also.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information