Thread: Would like to remove front door of Fractal Design Mini (fd-ca-def-mini-bl)

Question Would like to remove front door of Fractal Design Mini (fd-ca-def-mini-bl)

I have a SB X-Fi Fatal1ty sound card that came with a front panel that has ports and volume adjustment nobs for just about anything you might need. Problem is, these nobs prevent the front door of my case from closing and from what I've seen of the front and back of the panel, the front door is NOT easy to remove. Does anyone have a link to a video showing how to remove it or instructions on how to do it? (Other then cutting through the plastic hinges)

Thanks!

Since I had over 60 views and no replies at the time, I decided to email Fractal support. Here's the answer to my question in case anyone in the future needs it.

"On the backside of the front panel there are a total of nine screws that hold the two pieces of the front panel together. Two of the screws are hidden under the foam pads. Once those screws are removed the front panel should split and come off of the hinges.

Alternatively you could install the sound card further back in the 5.25" bay so that the nobs are not sticking out as far."

I've tried pushing the panel further in and it seems to have some system in place to keep it from going in any further. I'll have to investigate further to see if that can be overcome because I'd prefer to keep the front door on. Either way, I now have what I need.

Thanks to everyone who read my post!

Thread Information