Thread: Controller card for laptop monitor

Controller card for laptop monitor

Back in the day I bought a 14.1" laptop LCD with controller card for $250 shipped from earthlcd.com. Now i've come in posession of a Hitachi TX38D97VC1CAA 15" laptop LCD with a dead power module. I have found places that carry the replacement power module for it...but the last one got came with a power module that hooked to the controller card for power.

What I really want is a controller card for this thats not more expensive than the actual monitor itself. I did some "google"ing and found a couple places that had them but they seemed like they were more for large corporations looking to buy bulk. I emailed a few of them and I have gotten no response from any of them.

Just wondering if anyone knew where I could get a controller card for this...it would be fantastic for a side mount LCD mod on a pc...or maybe another ceiling mount pc...

Wet Sanded

As a basis, controller cards are far more expensive than LCDs. I've never seen one that's not. It's generally why new lcds are so expensive - each controller has to exactly match the lcd and only that lcd.

so I was just super lucky to get the 14.1" lcd with controller card for such a cheap price? Do you think I should even bother with this? or should I just fix the power module for like $20 and ebay the lcd for $100+?

Note: Moved to Modding Questions per ... http://www.modders-inc.com/ftopicp-450.html#450

Good luck with your search catawalks

Wet Sanded

Here's the power inverter -http://www.laptopking.com/kingpartdetails.asp?ref=588&category=inverter
    $49

I couldn't find the controller card part number, let alone the controller card.

Without powerinverter or a controller card, selling it for $100+ is practically a scam.

Thread Information