Thread: Friend's New MoBo

Friend's New MoBo

Hey, I have been building my friend a new computer, and on Saturday I just ordered his motherboard and cpu. Let me know what you think of the board...

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD Motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131568R

I got it for like 86.99 and yes it is a open box deal so.

One last thing I need to find out if I can order the back plate and stuff like that from asus?

Friend's New MoBo

sounds like a Good base. This is for gaming?

Friend's New MoBo

Yes, it is for a gaming system..

Wet Sanded

Friend's New MoBo

Did you get the box yet? Is the plate and etc not in there? If not, email asus.. They should help you.. I guess. Ive had a bunch of help from companies just by asking.

With NZXT I asked for an extra side panel and they hooked me up with a dealer, price quotes, and shipping quotes fairly painlessly and very quickly.

Friend's New MoBo

Hmm I thought that the deluxe version had the 8x sli instead of the full 16x (premium) however i haven't been staying current on the hardware too much so I can't say for sure. Either way it is a nice board.

Friend's New MoBo

I Believe it has full 32X support in the PCI-e lanes.

Friend's New MoBo

I have always liked Asus and they put a lot of work into their boards. Most of them are the modders and tweakers MB of choice.

Just bought the Asus P5B Deluxe Wi Fi not to long ago and it has all the cool features.

Friend's New MoBo

Asus has been going down in quality, The P5B originally never worked with OCZ ram, and one of my buddies could not get it to oc past 478FSB or something like that.

They aren't horrible boards, but theyre going downhill.

Friend's New MoBo

Well they rushed the P5B series of MB's and the BIOSes where not up to their normal levels.

The current one for my board (804)seems to be working great and it is able to do both SLI and CF. The memory and the FSB are more about the Intel P965 chip. Once they get that working well I can see OC'er smiling big time. For me, some that just plays around with OC, when all I have to do set the FBS to 315 on 800 DDR2 and have no issues is pretty cool.

Friend's New MoBo

Well they rushed the P5B series of MB's and the BIOSes where not up to their normal levels.

The current one for my board (804)seems to be working great and it is able to do both SLI and CF. The memory and the FSB are more about the Intel P965 chip. Once they get that working well I can see OC'er smiling big time. For me, some that just plays around with OC, when all I have to do set the FBS to 315 on 800 DDR2 and have no issues is pretty cool.
    As far as I know, It is not possible to SLi and CF on one board, Its either one or the other, Only major BIOS hacks should allow for something like that and last I heard it wasn't possible

If you can show me that your using 2 crossfire cards on an SLi board it would be much appreciated and I would take back everything I said.

Thread Information