Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project: zero2sixty, 02 of December

Project: zero2sixty, 02 of December

Alright everybody Im starting another case project along with my HourBeforeDawn case project (check sig for link) this project will be a case for my brother and as you can tell by the title will be a racing theme build, we will be using the old case that I pulled the Vapochill unit out of to put in my HBD case, a lot of planning and ideas have been thrown on the table and will be discussed in detail later on in the build.

Here is the ugly beast we will be working with

Here is the case stripped down to the frame

Okay we will be scrapping the top panel and side panels and making our own custom panels as well a custom motherboard tray. With this being a race theme we plan to use actual parts such as starter switches, temp guages, steel mesh hoses, and for the cooling system a small radiator we pulled off of one of our outlaws, theres a ton of other ideas in our head so once we get them in order we will put it down on paper for you guys to check out.

Here is a pic of one of the racing radiators we plan to use and where it will be located in the case.

Well thats all for now ^^

lookin good, Id like to see this mod down the road.

here is a pic of a quick test fit of the black and white tiles for the checkered flag look with the rad just sitting on the top.

Master Modder

Sweet, I like the floor covering. This too is being watched now. Thanks for sharing so many mods at once with us. It really helps to draw in visitors to the site. I know that I have at least 6 people looking in everyday now and at least 2 of them decided to join the site. Because of people like you, have given MI the chance to take off. I enjoy this site so much that I made it my Homepage and I check it out everyday just to see what you and others are doing. Thanks so much and Happy Modding to ya.

I agree this will be a cool mod to watch mature. With all the aftermarket parts available for cars and them using 12v systems the ideas could be endless.

Thanks everybody this will but this mod will probably go a little slower than my HBD project as it will be off of my brothers budget so seeing how hes 14 money is a little tight I mean I will help buy some things from time to time but its mainly going to be out of his pocket, Later today we will scavenge through our race shop and steel parts from here and there to use on this case and then later this week will hit up a few auto parts stores and see what we have that we can use in the case and maybe get some more ideas for it. ^^

okay grabbed some old racing parts for the project here is a quick idea of what we have going for the outside of the case.

thats right an old racing steering wheel and what do we have plan for this old wheel.

How about making it the base of the case

In the next pic you see the rad in place as well as my brother holdin an old kart muffler that we will convert into a res for one of the cooling systems how will we do this well you will have to wait and see ^^

We also plan on putting a triple guage pod on the side to house the temp sensors as well as some other things that we will talk about later.

Alright more to come later

Master Modder

Love the base idea, will it swivel? Great ideas flowing, keep it up, I'm watching. Happy Modding to ya.

well thats is a consideration. ^^

Hmm looks good so far, I can't say this is really a theme I would do so I'm not much for ideas xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information