Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: project sony-pc mod......nutty idea

Master Modder

project sony-pc mod......nutty idea

ok, i know im already doing a mod right now lol but why cant i do 2 at a time? anyways heres a pic of the case im intent on modding the hell out of

thats the case its a sony sub which well i dont use it got a great sub in it which is powefull but well useless to me! props guna go to the tip....anyways heres anouther picture of a test shot of where i want to mount the cd-rom

YAY!! perfect fit! so thats that done now i need you professinal modders help.......

before i started to think and rip this beast to bits, i didnt relize or think about how im going to get to the inside so heres the pic of what ive got to work with

now does anyone have any idea of how im going to
    1. not ruin the great finsh and
    2.get all the parts into it?

i sorta thought about it but not much ive been think about just get the jigsaw out but then i will ruin it i mean yea im intent on makin the whole bigger putting plexi in it an so on but im not sure on how so any suggestions would be very very VERY helpfull! thanks for looking!
    later days

the hardest nut'll be the motherboard and PSU I guess?

if I count out the graphics card and all other PCI devices..
    no idea how to put the mobo in without having to expand the "chasis"

Squares dont fit in smaller circles unfortunately, Your going to have to cut out a bit bigger hole, however if you dont want to mess up the finish just tape off the area you intend to cut with some wide tape and vila, paint wont scratch when you cut, then you just sand the cut and maybe lil touch up paint right on the edge depending on how coarse of a blade you use.

Clear Coat

Are you saying fit everything through the hole? or just into the case in general... It looks like you might be able to fit the mobo and stuff through the spot where the front panel goes.

Unfortunately, it looks like you are going to have to mod a psu to fit it in there... wait, how is that a bad thing? XD

Master Modder

wel, yea i didnt want to put it through the side hole lol only if it was mini itx n its not lol i wanted ideas on like how to get it in although, im liking the idea of the front suppose i can cover it up cant i? what you guys think??

Wet Sanded

There aren't any screws?!?!?!

If not, cut it off, and make a window, cover with etchings and metal or w/e.

Master Modder

ok brain storm.....just had this idea pop to my head...i have a VERY old pc case sat in my room its a Time pc case.....but anyways heres the idea...take that cut it up and put it all on rollers so i can then cut the back of the sub of so that i can then mount sum sliding rails inside the sub and onto the inside of the time pc case and then i can move it in and out! wot ya think?

Clear Coat

sounds cool, but only if you can fit the case into the sub including the rails... The wood in those is thicker than you think.

Master Modder

yea i know....but luckly for me the case im using is very old and very small (its smaller then the sub! lol) so i know i can fit that in there also i cant really use a powerfull pc in there as it would props kill itself so thinking of only a 1ghz to go in atm with a small 300watt psu n so on....wot ya think?? p.s i will get a pic of the case soon!

Master Modder

ok, did some more work on this today got the back cut of and test fitted the new motherboard backplate and so on perfect fit good old time machine lol well i will post some pics very soon like within the next day or so kinda hard working on two projects at once...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information