Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse modding help

mouse modding help

okay i decided I'm going to mod a mouse! i heard the problems with other colors such as blue ... also i want t o put a fan in there! at the palm so i dont sweat when i play the games! looking for a on/off switch that i can put on the side of the mouse... now i dont have a clue how im gunna get the fan working help?

mouse modding help

wire a 5V extension from your PC. making a connector at the back. and then sleeve the wires so it looks like one.

Switch isnt hard, although you gotta find a small one. and all you have to do after that is find a really small fan.

mouse modding help

how big fan are you thinking on?

I saw a link to a water cooled mouse and keyboard somehwere, not sure.. I'll try to search for it

mouse modding help

Well first off which mouse? Give us an idea or picture then we can help you decide what steps to take from there. It's a great idea and mice are always a great way to get your feet wet into modding as it take little money to mod one.

mouse modding help

yup, cheap alright =)

cept if u don't own themostubermouse you can get :P

mouse modding help

this is a normal mouse.. but its Usb very little room in it. i opened it up and since than was thinking of putting the scrolling wheel inside my logitech g15.

mouse modding help

was thinking of putting the scrolling wheel inside my logitech g15.
    Hmm...sounds interesting.

mouse modding help

sounds interesting indeed but im not exactly sure how to do it -_- n e tips or ideas?

mouse modding help

ugh not much free space in G15 either.. as far as I remember (opened it 2 days ago :P)

you could put apart some other mouse and put it in and plug it insude the USB hub (the integrated one of 2 in G15) and you do know it has optical sensors to see where/for how much it moved? and the little switch that the wheel presses on when you push it down?

not gonna be an easy task..

oh and just for info, you'd have to leave the PCB (mouse's PCB) untouched, or it might not work (for optical and laser mouses)

if you can get a mouse that is USB and that isn't optical or laser - the one with the ball so you can un-solder the sensors out so you make the PCB smaller

or get a mouse for laptops (small, portable)

hope this helps..

P.S.
    if you make it work, tell me, I wanna have it too xD

P.P.S.
    the best place would be 2 cm right from where the MR key is, I think there isn't any place anywhere else - still on the grey plastic not on the black one

mouse modding help

if you can get a mouse that is USB and that isn't optical or laser - the one with the ball so you can un-solder the sensors out so you make the PCB smaller

thats is exactly what i have

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information