Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Breadbox Computer

Master Modder

Breadbox Computer

I have talked about building a computer for shop and train layout room in other postings. I have gotten all the parts needed for said project. The mobo is a PC Chips micro-ATX, socket A with video, audio and LAN built in so no need for a lot of PCI cards, just the PS, memory, HDD and CD-R. The case is going to be our old wooden breadbox. So for the first pic I'll give you the Breadbox.

The first thing that I have done to the box was to add a hinge that will prevent the lid from dropping down all the way and keep it opened at the level for the CD-R which will be mounted to the lid.

Next was to place the mobo in so that when the lid is shut the new hinge doesn't hit the mobo.

At this time everything is just being placed in and marked for future installation. I have also place the HDD and CD-R where they are going to be.

The PS will be mounted to the roof of the box later but until then you now have a general idea of how the Breadbox is going to work out. All ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Breadbox Computer

duuude this is a heat trap...

You should prolly put some cooling devices inside, right?

Breadbox Computer

hey i recognize that mobo :P

keep us updated em3 !

Breadbox Computer

lots of intake and exhausts.

Master Modder

Breadbox Computer

It will have fans Dexboy, the pics are just showing a mock up, most parts there are not working parts, just for getting the correct spacing and senior98 you win a cookie, that is the mobo that I received from you. It's going into service. Thank you all for your comments and I read each and everyone so that I can do the best possible work on every project that I do. It will house at least 92mm fans for both intake and exhaust, Soco_Pheak. It's because of the ideas and comments, that makes the corrections, that can make or break a good idea. Happy Modding to ya.

Breadbox Computer

Good mod though!

WC would be cool, but that would take up more space.

Master Modder

Breadbox Computer

WC would be great but I think I would need another breadbox to house the extra parts. My WC project is in the Industrial Case project. That project will house my gaming machine when it's completed. At this time the funds will only allow 1 WC project. Happy Modding to ya.

Master Modder

Breadbox Computer

Today I removed the back and the flooring so that cutting for the PCI slots and mobo tray will be easier. I also located the PCI slot guide that will be used. It will have to be trimmed to size and to remove areas that are not needed. One end is setup for AT style keyboard, that will be removed and then shortened for the mATX mobo. Here are some pics of the work I did today.

I know that it wasn't much work but please remember that I'm also working on the LCD for Cash Box which also received a update today. Plus I'm still cleaning the house from the wedding that was held here at my house on Saturday afternoon. I gave away my niece since her father died 2yrs ago at the age of 49 in his sleep. Then of course it's time to decorate for Christmas now. I don't see a break until Feb. of 07. Ha Ha All ideas and comments are welcomed and remember Happy Modding to ya.

Breadbox Computer

looks nice, tho what color is the whole box gonna be?

and fo fans, are you gonna use the normal ones or those with LEDs?

Master Modder

Breadbox Computer

I'm leaving the box as it is in the pics. The fans that I have at this time are just plain 92mm fans, no LED's. This computer will be used in my shop and for programming the decoders in my locomotives.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information