Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

With processors becoming more and more powerful, they will tend to generate more heat. The air cooling solutions are showing the after affect of this, typically being larger and louder to offer adequate cooling for the faster processors. Ultra recently released a new line of coolers targeting the faster processors while trying to keep the size of the cooler manageable. The X-Wind coolers are available in three basic sizes (Aluminum 90mm, Copper 90mm, and Copper 120mm).

Read the full review here.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

They look very similar to Zalman coolers...

link to Zalman.co.kr

Wet Sanded

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

They look strangely familiar.. lol.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

Yes they are similar to the Zalman coolers. I am sure they have the same OEM.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

and on the back it says: Made in China.. lol

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

Hi, I've been waiting for a "Zalman flower" type cooler for AM2, more for quiet than anything. Can you tell me how it did on that subject? I did not see anything in the review about it's noise.
    Also, could you please tell me which of the part numbers was the "new version" you mentioned that fits the AM2?
    Thanks.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

All three coolers are pretty quiet, at the time I did the review I didn't have a stock AMD fan and added it at the last minute so I didn't worry to much about doing a comparison on the noise side of it. I am running the 120mm fan on one of my rigs right now and its got a moderate sound level to it. Nothing that is bothersome at all. The video card coolers are louder than it is. The two 90mm fans have a slightly louder sound to them but they are still quieter than the video card coolers.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

Cool, thanks. I think I will get one, I can put it on my fan controller and it should be much quieter than the stock AMD cooler I'm using now at least.
    Which is the model that fits AM2?
    Thanks again.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

Well from what I am told the AM2 versions should be coming soon. I am thinking it was the end of Dec or the first of Jan. I will double check and post back tomorrow.

Ultra X-Wind CPU Coolers

This is this first review I could find on the Ultra X-Wind, and it was very thorough. Even included all versions and showing any issues with clearance. If you take ratings on reviews I would give this one a 10+ out of ten.
    I wonder if it is OK to direct this review to the Inquirer's attention as they were interested in a review of this cooler. Very well done with great photos of the reviewed product and the installation and performance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information