Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

OK guys nice there was some talk about it we are going to have a logo contest!

What we are looking at is a logo, not a replacement for the current top graphic..well not yet ;-)
    The logo will be used for stuff like link banners, business cards, and other items.

Here are the current guidelines/rules for the contest:

- The winning entry may or may not be used by Modders-Inc
    - The winning enrty may be altered and used by Modders-Inc
    - The winner gives up all rights to the original work created and it becomes sole property of Modders-Inc
    - The entry must be of high resolution (300 or above) and no larger than 600 pixels x 600 pixels
    - Memebrs may enter no more than 3 designs
    - Members will need to post their design in this forum to be entered into the contest
    - The contest will run until the end of the 30th day
    - After the 30 days the Modders-Inc staff members will decide on the final winner and a second place winner
    - Members can suggest their favorites, but said favorites may or may not be the winner picked by the staff
    - Designs will be judged on layout, idea, scalability, and not totally on artist talent

Contest rules and or prizes are subject to change at anytime by Modders-Inc. Staff members and their families are not allowed to enter.

Prizes are being worked on and will be posted within a few days so get the ideas going and lets see what you got.

Wet Sanded

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

End date?
    Where to post/send submissions?
    Extra credit if we use a pic of Lucid Dream?

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

End date?
    Where to post/send submissions?
    Extra credit if we use a pic of Lucid Dream?
    - The contest will run until the end of the 30th day
    - Members will need to post their design in this forum to be entered into the contest
    LOL Extra Credit?

We will get a thread setup for everyone to post their entires in over the next day or two.

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

just a quick question..

iif we suggest the 3 designs, can we edit them later (when the contest is in progress) or not?

and,

can we use the featured pictures from on here - that people allow us to use and that the picture isn't copyrighted or anyhow protected?

thx,

Dex

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

My thoughts on the # of designs is if they are Totally different.
    Example: if you made one, but only changed a background color or letter color of the same design and posted it it would not count as another design. Now if you made one with a Airplane and changed it to a Cat then that would be different.

It would be best if you said something like..."I put in an airplane, but a cat, dog, soda can, and etc could be used instead..." we would all get the idea. Now if a staff member were to come to you and ask if you could make one with one of the other items, that would NOT count as another design.

If the picture(s) that you use are from our reviews or current logo's they may be used since they are already Modders-Inc property. If you are thinking about using a picture from the forums or another member I think most would be OK with that, but a nice little PM to that person asking them would be a good idea.

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

hehe count me in! :-D

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

My thoughts are as follows.

3 Entries. I agree all entries need to be unique. So if your doing a color change or a minor change on something that could simply be listed that way. We all know that color variations of the same image can be done. I also prefer that it be universal in color so that if it gets used on the site that it will work (or with minimal modifications) with the other themes we have. Plus I plan on doing a couple more themes in the near future providing I get the time to do so.

Using pictures from the site (one of our mods for example). This is a little off of what I am thinking for a logo. For example AF's or my sig images are just meant to look like the site but show off one of our mods. I personally wouldn't want that in a logo so to speak. I would rather have a unique image for that. To give you and example of what I am thinking (I think AF too).

[web]http://www.netstarter.com.au/images/pages/print/logo-samples.jpg[/web]

Those are what I consider to be a company logos and is along the lines of what I am thinking of. We want this in a high resolution so that it can be scaled for various purposes. I know of 3 or 4 instances right off that we would possibly use it for. I figure a 600 x 600 pixel image will be sufficient for the sizing.

One thing I want to make clear though. If you wish to use an image in yours, please make sure to A) either get it from this site - providing its an image of ours, B) ask permission before using anyone elses work as a base. I know neither AF or myself want to get in the middle of a copyright issue with anyone on a image. The graphical images used in this site (note sponsors images or images of individuals comps) are mine so no worries there. They might resemble someone elses work, but I assure you every one of them is ours. I am sure that none of the staff is going to complain if one of our rigs is used, but just to be sure its always best to pop them a pm and ask .

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

The contest starts as of RIGHT NOW January 5th, 2007 and ends Febuary 5th at midnight PT.

Here are the prizes that have been selected

1st place will get a Ultra X-Connect 500w PSU, UV CCFL pack, and a ZipCord network cable.

2nd place will get a 3 pack of 80mm fans and a 2 pack of round UV CCFL.

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

So do we have anyone working on some ideas?

Logo contest! -=CLOSED=-

i'm rolling some ideas around in my head

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information